22 Reasons to Switch to New WordPress 2.7 Beta 2By Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
WordPress 2.7 (read detailed review) beta 2 fixes some crucial and long standing bugs in WordPress, so much so that it is worth looking into adopting it without waiting for the final release. The key fixes in WordPress 2.7 Beta 2:
- Autosave was reputed for not saving when you needed it the most. Ryan claims several fixes have been applied to the autosave. Hopefully now we can rely on it.
- Inconsistent file permissions during auto upgrade has been fixed in this release.
- One nag and cause for slowdown in admin panel in earlier versions was the check for new version with every page load. This has been fixed thankfully.
- Certain hosts were having rewrite rule problems which has been fixed.
- wp-mail has finally been fixed.
Courtesy: Ryan Boren
Here are 16 more reasons to switch to WordPress 2.7, if you haven’t already.
You can download WordPress 2.7 beta 2 here.
Having said that, the usual disclaimers apply:
This is a beta release. In any beta releases bugs are to be expected, more so in WordPress beta releases. Heck, WordPress ships with lots of bugs in every major release. Normally veteran bloggers wait for 2-3 updates after a major release before they switch. So don’t switch your high profile blogs just yet. However I am suggesting that you take a serious look at this release. It may very well be worth switching with higher priority than usual (check the review linked above).
Tags: Ryan, WordPress, Wordpress 2.7