Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Professional: Comprehensive ReviewBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Thursday, April 9, 2009
After our extensively researched articles on data recovery software like, top 10 data recovery software and PC Inspector data recovery software, we got our hands on Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Professional. EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional recovers deleted files or folders even when they have been emptied from the Recycle Bin. Unlike most other products, it restores files from deleted, lost or missing partitions or formatted logical disks. The type of the file system doesn t really matter as the program recovers from all of them: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS/NTFS5, and EXT2/EXT3, and it s just for starters! The program supports IDE/ATA, SATA, SCSI, USB, Fire wire (IEEE1394) hard disk and other media, such as Floppy disk, USB flash drive, or even digital camera.
New features at a Glance
- Enhanced support for Windows Vista.
- Recovers loss data in EXT2 and EXT3 file system.
- Recovers files from corrupted Ext2 and Ext3 partition.
- Recovers data from iPods.
- Creates a Disk Image file for data recovery.
- Intelligent search all possible file systems on hard drive.
- Ability to resume the last recovery result.
- High quality of file recovery.
- Succinct and user friendly interface.
- Recovers a specific file by right-click.
Easeus comes with a slick interface, extremely easy to use and understand for even a layman. Though there have been suggestions about upgrading Easeus professional interface, they have kept it simple. I appreciate that part. We don’t want a Mac app in a data recovery tool.
The application consists of three main menus designed for
- Deleted file recovery
- Complete recovery: that can retrieve files from formatted drives and
- Partition recovery: which is built to recover data from crashed file systems, deleted partitions or those affected by virus attacks.
Deleted File Recovery Module
As I previously said, its extremely easy to handle. You are given a list of drives (here in our testing machine we didn’t have multiple partitions)the program can scan for deleted files and recuperate them. All you have to do is select and click next. The software quickly scans the drive and then displays the findings. It works for those deleted from even recycle bin. and it works more than good.
Complete Recovery Module
It does an extensive recovery which takes time of its own. I suggest you to enable RAW file recovery for a better effect.
- Go to top left hand part of the interface, under Options.
- There, you can make the settings for FAT 12/16/32 systems, NTFS, enable the use of boot records and enable RAW file recovery.
- In the latter case, users can choose from six different categories the type of files EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard Professional should look for.
Intelligent Search Window
There is an intelligent searching window that provides details on the number of partition tables found, FAT and NTFS boot sectors, FAT folders and folder parts as well as a number of identified files and a total of files found on the drive.
Creating an Image File
Laughable may it sound but I have seen people who have lost data while trying to recovering some others. Mainly because we play with the partitions and formats of the drives too much in order to get what is lost and lose what is there. So there is a nice option in this software which is to create an image file of what is there already so that no data is lost. he options provide you three compression levels and automatic splitting of the image into preset sizes (640MB, 1GB, 2GB and 4GB).
Partition Recovery module helps you in retrieving data from lost drives of your hard disk. I had found partition table doctor more suitable for this task but anyway, its not bad either.
- Extremely lightweight, soft on CPU.
- Very user-friendly
- The quicktime data recovery is quite impressive.
- The support (as per my experience) is very prompt and effective in answering queries. I had a strange problem while using IE to download the software. It got stuck repeatedly and then I saw the red colored warning above. Be aware of that. Use Firefox instead. I hope Easeus team will fix that issue soon.
- The application allows users to create disk images for drives containing important data for protection against virus attacks or hardware failures and prevent an informational aftermath, just like in the case of creating a backup.
- No matter if you shift del or quick format, the data recovery wizard recovered most of them.
- $89.95 is too heavy a price. To compete with established software like getdataback et al., they need to reduce the price.
- I didn’t get enough information about partition recovery. I hope they will shed some light on it so that users get confidence and actually avails of the feature.
- Lack of compatibility with IE while downloading (purely personal experience. Anyway, they have a warning note at the download page too.)
With its very easy and nice interface and simplicity, Easeus data recovery wizard professional does its job alright. Without any MAJOR downfall in sight after our repeated testing (except that it wasn’t able to recover a file from a carefully and completely partitioned drive) we give it a positive vote of ours. Its definitely worth a test and buy.
Tags: data recovery, data recovery review, data recovery software, Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Professional, Lost