How to install nVidia Driver on CentOSBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Monday, September 14, 2009
Before you read, here is a bit of warning: Do not install the nVidia driver that you can download from nVidia.com. The driver may install fine but may not work as you expect. You are much better of following the procedure below.
- Now I could repeat stuff from other website or I could say it succintly. I chose the later.
- Install FressRPMS repository
- yum install nvidia driver (search for nvidia and choose the one with dkms in it)
- Reboot - Yes Sir, like windows you have to reboot for the new driver to work properly.
- Go to applications -> System Tools -> X Server Settings and select X Server Display Configuration
- Select TwinView and setup multiple monitors by enabling them
That’s it folks!
The following instructions also work with Fedora. However I use Livna repository on Fedora.
Tags: CentOS, Fedora, rhel