Is there a method to Google’s madness?By Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Tuesday, April 5, 2005
Is there a broader plan behind latest Google innovations? At first sight some of them seems random addition to the Google family (20% effort or not) and somewhat unrelated to its search focus.
Lets scan Google News lately:
- Google Maps now has a satellite
- Google Ride Finder - Builds on top of Google Maps to show you the live positions of various taxis in your area.
- GMail space increased to 2GB with promise of more so people use GMail
- Google agrees to acquire Urchin - a web site analytics company.
- Google SMS - to SMS you news etc..
Add to this Orkut - A Social Networking Site, Google Scholar, Google Groups (newsgroup service) and you have a very interesting story.