Top 5 Reasons to Unlock iPhoneBy Turjo, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
When we are talking about iPhone, people don’t seem to need too many reasons to buy it. Whether being the “eye-candy” for the tech-savvies or the brain child of the charismatic Steve Jobs, the iPhone has established itself as a faithful name in the smartphone industry. But as every great thing has a price tag attached to it, iPhone also has one. Rather a big one we can say.
If you are one of the million people who have purchased an iPhone since the end of June, you were given a SIM card by AT&T, Apple’s exclusive carrier in the U.S. So, even if you want to change your SIM card to avail any favorable call rates or local phone number, AT&T and Apple will not allow you to do so. This can end up causing a lot of problems for consumers that buy the cell phone that simply do not want to sign up for a certain company.
This is where unlocking a iPhone comes into play. You can unlock an iPhone by a third-party application/software or by simply buying an unlocked phone from the store. For those who have already bought an iPhone and want to unlock it, unlockediphone.info is a great application to use.
But. if you are still confused about why you should use this application, here are the top 5 reasons why we think you should unlock your iPhone:
1. AT&T does not allow you to simply change your SIM card to avail any other companies facilities. So, you cannot take advantage of the favorable rates and local phone numbers offered by any other company, by replacing your AT&T SIM card. This particular point might be quite troublesome depending upon user’s location or
2. If your older plan goes out of contract but you still want to use your existing GSM phone, you CANNOT simply switch the SIM card into new iphone to make it work. AT&T will only allow it when you will activate a new 2 year contract by signing on to a new plan and paying for activation.
3. If you are enjoying any corporate discounts on current AT&T Plan, they won’t allow those discounts with iPhone. This is really ridiculous, but AT&T representative has confirmed specifically that APPLE won’t let them offer any discounts to anyone.
4. AT&T will not waive the activation fee for iPhones, even if they have been doing it for other phones.
5. If you are planning to use the iPhone without the data plan, for a while you cannot do that. You must get the data plan to activate your iphone.
Unlocking your iPhone is all about the freedom of choice and going with the carrier YOU want to go with and not being forced to go with the one that is included with the iPhone! But make sure that you choose your unlocking application software quite carefully. As any malfunctioning software might reduce your iPhone to an attractive costly paperweight.