Top 8 iPhone Programming Books to Help You Make the Best iPhone AppBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Apple iPhone and its apps have been phenomenally popular to put it mildly. The iPhone apps have made many programmers richer than they could ever imagine. Hundreds of geeks sweat it out to make an application for iPhone which will make them famous. But is it that easy? I will say its not rocket science either if you are working in the right direction with a right plan. To do that, you need some good references of iPhone programming. Here are the best ones for you.
The iPhone SDK is fundmentally built upon the Cocoa foundation framework, and the iPhone UIKit framework is heavily influenced by the regular OSX AppKit. So here are the most used iPhone programming book for you to learn Cocoa as well as Objective- C.
- Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X (3rd Edition) by Aaron Hillegrass
- iPhone Developers’s Cook book by Erica Sadun
- Programming in Objective-C, by Stephen Kochan, teaches the fundamentals you’ll need to get your work done.
- Learn Objective-C on the Macintosh, By Mark Dalrymple and Scott Knaster.
- AppleScript Handbook by Danny Goodman
- iPhone Open Application Development by Jonathon Zdziarski
- iPhone SDK Programming A Beginner’s Guide by james A Brannan.
- APRESs Beginning iPhone Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK by Dave Mark , Jeff LaMarche
I hope they will surely give you a lot of insight and make you a iPhone app developer within no time. If you have a better resource for iPhone development, do write to us and we will be happy to include it as that helps people in general.
[p.s. -> for e.g. APRES iPhone development was suggested by Aaron]
Tags: iPhone app, iPhone app developer, iPhone app ebook, iphone programming e-book, Learn iphone programming