- In Stealth Mode product development
- Updated Simple Thoughts Blog Layout
- Created My Personal Weblog - angsuman.taragana.net
I am an analytical consciousness with a heart.
I am currently Founder and CEO of Taragana Inc.
In my last job I worked as Chief Software Architect at DoubleTwist Inc., Oakland, CA.
Professionally I have worked mostly in USA (6.5 years in Silicon Valley and NYC) & for 1.5 years in Bangalore & now in Kolkata. My strength as architect and developer is in developing fault-tolerant, highly scalable, high quality enterprise systems. Since end-1996 I have been developing and deploying on Java platform, with occassional forays in PHP.
I did my graduation (B.Tech Honours) from IIT Kharagpur, India. I am a Sun Certified Architect for Java Technologies. I completed 4 week Executive Management Course from American Management Association.
You may find my somewhat old resume here. You can view my LinkedIn profile here.
Philosophically I am immensely indebted to Swami Vivekananda for his teachings and exemplary life. I find Advaita school of philosophy closest to my heart and to truth as far as I can discern.
- be instrumental in the cure for diabetes (IDDM)
- raise awareness for stem cell therapy
- facilitate drug discovery through genomics and proteomics
- drive India to the frontiers of technology
My Wish List for Science
- Ability to clone organs using stem cells for organ transplant purposes
- Human Cloning - It will be a grand effort by any scale, even failure will teach us a lot
- Sustainable small-scale bio-sphere suitable for space travel
People I admire and who defined India as I know it:
- Swami Vivekananda & Sri Ramakrisna Paramhansa (Guru of Swamiji) - For their teachings, their life, everything about them
- Adi Sankaracharya (author of Viveka Churamani) - Eka Meba Dayam Brahma Neha Nanasti Kinchan
- Gautam Buddha - For His Infinite kindness even for little animals
- Krisna - He who gave discourse of Bhagabad Gita (Coronet jewel of Hindusim) in the middle of war
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose - For his love for India, for everything he stood for
- For all the martyr’s who gave their life so we could live a life of freedom
Technologies I care about:
- Anything that can alleviate human suffering (no making a better bike or cosmetics doesn’t count)
- Bioinformatics with focus on genomics & proteomics
- Therapeutic Cloning
- Java Technologies like JSP, Servlets (part of J2EE), JMS, JINI, Web Services etc.
- Distributed Processing, High throughput processing, Clustered Computing, Real-time computing
- Databases - Object & Relational
We are Software Solutions and QA services provider with focus on x-informatics. Currently we are also developing a product in enterprise software segment.
We architect and design solutions primarily in Java platform technologies like J2EE including but not limited to JSP & Servlets. The sole criteria is to use what works best for the customers.
- “Arise awake and stop not till the goal is achieved” - Swami Vivekananda
- “Tattamasi” - You are that
- “I do not care for liberation or for devotion; I would rather go to a hundred thousand hells doing good to others, silently like the spring - this is my religion”
– Swami Vivekananda
- Let Shiva, who has taken the form of my individual being, offer salutation to his Universal Being Shiva, through media, which is also Shiva, for the removal of obstacles which are, indeed, one with Shiva.
Quotes in Hindi or Sanskrit
Ramta Sadhu Bahata Pai,
Isme na koi mael lakhani
Roaming monk like moving water never accumulates dirt
Nindatu nitinipuna, Jadi ba stabantu,
Lakkhi samabishatu, gachchati ba jathestam
Addaibo maranomastu, satabantare ba
Najjyat path prabichalanti, padang na dhira
Let the wisest discredit you or shower you with praises,
Let your be showered with riches or you be poorest of the poor,
Let your death be today or at the end of the millennium,
Always follow the just way and do not slow your foot steps.
Doreen Valiente’s Charge of the Goddess.
Hear ye the words of the Star Goddess;
And thou who thinkest to seek Me,
know that thy seeking and yearning shall avail thee not,
unless thou knowest the Mystery:
that if that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee,
thou wilt never find it without.
For behold, I have been with thee from the beginning;
and I am that which is attained at the end of desire.
We work in the dark
“We work in the dark,
we do what we can,
we give what we have,
our doubt is our passion,
and our passion is our task.
The rest is the madness of art.”
Anecdote - 100 years back
“On our way we had the company of Mr. Ramnath, the charan headmaster of the Jeypore noble’s school. He and I had a bout on my first coming out of Khetri years ago, about vegetarianism. He had in the meantime got hold of some American writers and pounced upon me with his arguments from them. His author, he said, has proved to his satisfaction that the human digestive organs including the teeth are exactly like those of the cow. Therefore, man is designed by nature to be a vegetarian animal. He is a very good and nice gentleman and I did not want to disturb his confidence in the American hobbyist but one thing was on the tip of my tongue — If our digestive apparatus is exactly like that of a cow — we ought and must be able to eat and digest grass. In that case poor Indians are fools to die of starvation in famine times while their natural food, grass, is so abundant, and your Highness’ servants are fools to serve you while they have only to get up the nearest hillock and get a bellyful of grass instead of undergoing all the trouble of serving others!!! Grand American discovery indeed!!! Only I hope the holy dungs of such human cows may become of great use to the wonderful American author and his Indian disciple. Amen. So much for the cow-human theory.”
– Swami Vivekananda