Apple Releases iPhone 2.2 Software Update - Happy Holidays!By Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Apple iPhone comes with one more reason to smile before the winter holidays. They have launched the iPhone 2.2 software update. So without wasting much time, let’s go straight to where it is implemented and see what is there.
Install iPhone 2.2 Software
1. Make sure you are using iTunes 8. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Download iTunes 8
2. When iTunes opens, select your iPhone under Devices in the Source List on the left.
3. In the iPhone Summary pane, click Check for Update.
4. Click Download and Install. Do not disconnect your iPhone until the update has finished
What are the Updates?
- Enhancements to Maps
- Google Street View: Street View takes you on a virtual walking tour: Navigate street-level photographs of places you’ve located in Maps.
- Public transit and walking directions: Get walking directions, find public transit schedules, check fares, and estimate your travel time.
- Display address of dropped pins
- Share location via email: Tap the Share Location button to send an email that includes a Google Maps URL.
- Decrease in call setup failures and dropped calls
- Enhancements to Mail
- Resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
- Improved formatting of wide HTML email
- Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network): Get access to millions of free podcasts on the iTunes Store via Wi-Fi or your cellular network.
- Improved stability and performance of Safari: A new search-friendly user interface, better performance, and more stability make Safari even easier to use.
- Improved sound quality of Visual Voice-mail messages
- Pressing Home button from any Home screen displays the first Home screen
- Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard Settings
So all you apple lovers, what do you think? Will you love street view but not a copy-paste option yet?
Tags: Apple, Apple iPhone, iPhone software update 2.2, iTunes, Travel