CHIBA, Japan - Nintendo shares tumbled Thursday after the company said its 3DS game machine, packed with glasses-free 3-D technology, won't be ready to go on sale for Christmas, crushing its earnings forecast by more than half.
CHIBA, Japan - Nintendo's 3DS game machine packed with glasses-free 3-D technology goes on sale in February in Japan, and March in Europe and the U.S., not in time for year-end shopping, the company said Wednesday.
CHIBA, Japan - The Tokyo Game Show has a lot of people wearing dark glasses this year, with the buzz turning 3-D at the annual event that brings together the latest offerings from game-machine and software makers.
CHIBA, Japan - Microsoft Corp. kicked off the Tokyo Game Show Thursday by unveiling plans to help Japanese game makers - recently seen as insular and lagging overseas competitors - to aggressively pursue a bigger share of the global market.
Sony Corp. gets gamers off the couch with its new motion controller, the PlayStation Move.
- Microsoft's Xbox ready for bigger battle in Japan
- Microsoft links new smart phones to Xbox Live
- July video game retail sales inch 1 percent lower
- Nintendo slumps to loss as game sales fade
- Nintendo gearing up for 3-D push
- June video game sales decline again, NPD says
- Jackson fans will moonwalk in motion-sensing game
- Microsoft makes big push for new game audience
- Game companies ready to show new ways to play
- Microsoft top entertainment executives step down
- Sector Snap: Video game stocks take a hit
- NPD: April video game sales down 26 percent
- Nintendo profit drops for first time in 6 years
- Nintendo's annual profit down 18 percent
- Nintendo launches dark Wii, expanded bundle in US
- March video game retail sales climb 6 percent
- Hate speech corrodes online games
- Review: Nintendo DSi XL is easy on the eyes
- Nintendo to launch 3-D version of handheld console
- A look at February's top-selling video games
- February video game sales drop 15 percent
- Sony unveils new motion contoller to slow Nintendo
- Nintendo DSi XL to launch March 28
- Game designers contemplate controller's future
- NPD: January video game sales down 13 percent
- 2009 game sales fell in biggest global markets
- Nintendo profit drops despite strong holiday sales
- Apple tablet could stir up video game business
- Sony delays release of motion controller
- Sony delays release of motion controller to fall
- Hardware boosts December video game sales
- Wii becomes third console to stream Netflix
- Holiday shoppers a disappointment for GameStop
- Microsoft shows off Windows tablets at gadget show
- Microsoft to unveil HP tablet PC at gadget show