Of the 20,000 to 30,000 genes now thought to be in the human genome, most cells express only a very small part - which makes sense, a liver cell has little need for the DNA code that makes neurons.
Now this is something for religious bigots, who oppose embryonic stem cell research on ethical grounds (logically unsustainable but when have bigots listened to logic?), to chew upon.
Don't you just love it when evidence emerges challenging unprovable religious preconceptions espoused by the Pope, the Roman Catholic Church, hardline Islamists, not to mention beloved President George Bush and his own fundamentalist Christian supporters.
Dr. Charles Hux, MD, high risk Ob/Gyn and a geneticist, commented on the stem cell veto by US President Mr.
I have been using Akismet plugin for about a month.
- Mice Testicles Provides “Ethical Stem Cells” For Ethicists Only
- The Truth About Embryonic Stem Cell Alternatives
- Key to Holy Grail of Stem Cell Research Found by Korean Scientists
- Milestone in Family Cord Blood Bank
- Umbilical Stem Cell Breakthrough
- Top Stem Cell Therapy News
- Rep. Senator Diana DeGette supports stem-cell research; Shouldn’t you too?
- Stem Cells cultivated from Hair Follicles can transform into Neurons