While browsing the internet, the constant fear that itches at the back of our mind is whether our machine is getting affected by any virus/worms or not.
Microsoft released a patch for to fix several critical security gap of its Office productivity suite and warned that hackers can use RTF (Rich Text Format) e-mails to initiate code execution type attacks.
What You'll Need Unless you're a computer security and networking ninja, chances are you don't have all the tools on hand to get this job done.
The exposure of Sony BMG Rootkit scandal five years ago is indeed very significant in IT history. Sony BMG secretly included Extended Copy Protection (XCP) and MediaMax CD-3 software on millions of music CDs from artists such as Celine Dion, Neal Diamond and Santana in the mid-2000s.
According to the researchers, if you are a Mac OS X user and visit social networking site like Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, chances are high that your PC may be infected by Koobaface. The Malware ultimately tries to gather sensitive information after infection from the victims such as credit card numbers etc.
- Vietnam is the Haven for High-Tech Criminals
- Phishing Attack Shot Up Sharply, but, Spam Email Goes Down
- Two Million PCs are Part of Botnet in USA
- HP provides rosy outlook, no guidance on next CEO
- Microsoft to Release Emergency ASP.net Patch for Malware Attack
- Computer attacks linked to wealthy group or nation
- Spam Related Domain Registration is on Rise in Russia after China’s Security Clampdown
- Twitter hack: Made in Japan?
- Twitter Worm Sends Users to Porn Site
- Norton 2011 Gives Consumers Powerful Protection against Cybercrime
- Report: HP close to buying ArcSight for $1.5B
- Sex Movies Worm Spreads Rapidly Across the World
- “Here you have” Virus Threatens Cyber-security!
- Google Code Project Discovered Serving Malware
- China sets up new battle over computer security
- Thoma Bravo agrees to buy LANDesk Software
- Pentagon takes aim at China cyber threat
- Intel buying McAfee in push beyond PC chips
- Intel to buy McAfee in $7.68 billion deal
- 10 Ways To Protect Your PC While Working Online
- Symantec closes purchase of VeriSign unit
- The Security Concern of Smartphone is on the Rise
- The Biggest Online Banking Fraud Unearthed in UK
- Hacker builds $1,500 cell-phone tapping device
- ATM Hacker Hits Jackpot in Black Hat
- What your phone app doesn't say: It's watching
- Ten Ways for Software Developers to Interact with the Security Team
- Expert Says that Hacking Smartphone is Easy
- Computer Virus Symptoms to Worry About
- US largely ruling out NKorea in 2009 cyberattacks
- US unveils plan to make online transactions safer
- 10 Tips to Protect Your Business from Cyber Criminals / Hackers
- Top 10 Linux Security Tips for System Administrators
- American Express may not Encrypt Your Online Transaction
- Businesses could use US cyber monitoring system