MEXICO CITY - Mexican officials trying to dilute a near-monopoly on cell phone services have awarded valuable frequencies to a company that holds a near-monopoly in broadcast television.
JOHANNESBURG - Upon further review, soccer's governing body now agrees that something must be done about the blatant missed calls that have infuriated fans and players alike at the World Cup.
JOHANNESBURG - With pressure for video replay mounting after two blatant missed calls at the World Cup, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said soccer's governing body will reopen the issue after the tournament.
WASHINGTON - Taxpayers have shelled out at least $15.1 million per mile for 53 miles of "virtual fence" built to secure the U.S.-Mexico border, more than 12 times the original estimate.
Obama to sign health bill, celebrate with allies WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's yearlong health care overhaul drama featured dozens of speeches, contentious debate and a televised summit with lawmakers before a divided Congress passed the bill.
- AP Top News at 3:14 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:44 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:36 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:33 a.m. EDT
- Mexico's Slim becomes 'world's richest' person
- Charges drag DirecTV to 4th-quarter loss
- Mexico's Televisa to buy 30 pct of Nextel Mexico
- Mexico's Televisa to buy 30 pct of Nextel
- NM's Sandia lab to evaluate water power technology
- NM to get more than $1.4M for broadband access
- BetOnSports.com founder gets 4-plus years
- Fraud fugitive busted after unwise friend request
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT