NEW YORK - A study published Wednesday says hospitals and the federal government could save tens of billions of dollars a year if they changed the way group purchasing organizations - which buy medical supplies in bulk for member hospitals - are compensated.
WARSAW, Poland - The Auschwitz memorial in Poland says it has obtained around 150 medical instruments believed to have been used by the Nazis in experiments on the death camp inmates.
WASHINGTON - Makers of X-ray machines, drug pumps and other medical devices would have to submit more safety information to win federal approval under a proposal designed to tighten regulation of thousands of products reviewed each year.
CHICAGO - More than 70,000 children and teens go to the emergency room each year for injuries and complications from medical devices, and contact lenses are the leading culprit, the first detailed national estimate suggests.
WASHINGTON - Medical device maker Boston Scientific Corp.
- Ahead of the Bell: Medical Devices
- Ametek acquires maker of medical device components
- Boston Scientific suspends defibrillator sales
- FDA: Medtronic brain stimulator missed study goal
- Moody's sees stable outlook for medical devices
- FDA's top medical device reviewer joins Microsft
- Ahead of the Bell: FDA meets on medical devices
- Senator pushes FDA on medical device guidelines
- FDA eyes overhaul for medical device approvals
- Boston Scientific spends $480K on lobbying in 4Q
- Boston Scientific to pay JNJ $1.73B in settlement
- Medtronic to buy Invatec for up to $500 million