GRANDVIEW HEIGHTS, Ohio - Libraries are tweeting, texting and launching smart-phone apps as they try to keep up with the biblio-techs - a computer-savvy class of people who consider card catalogs as vintage as typewriters.
SAN FRANCISCO - Amazon.com Inc., seeking to expand its position in the music download market against rivals like Apple Inc.'s iTunes Store, has purchased online music retailer Amie Street for an undisclosed amount.
SAN FRANCISCO - If you're itching to hear whatever you want, whenever you want, without breaking the bank on songs from Apple's iTunes store, your best bet is an online subscription music service.
MUMBAI, India - Universal Music Group and India's Reliance Communications announced a mobile phone music distribution deal Wednesday, part of Universal's drive to ramp up digital revenues as physical sales wane.
LOS ANGELES - Two more companies are jumping into the mobile streaming music field with applications that work on iPhones, giving consumers new ways to listen to millions of tracks on the go for about $10 a month.
- Startup mSpot lets you stream your music over Web
- Apple conference likely to yield new iPhone
- Jewel taps technology in pre-release video concert
- Apple shutting Lala; 'Cloud' music on horizon?
- Apple shutting Lala.com; 'Cloud' music on horizon?
- 'Cloud' music plans no longer just pie in the sky
- Rhapsody cuts monthly music plan to $10 at spinoff
- European Web downloads cost euro10 billion
- New free music sites learn from others' mistakes
- Apple's own approach to iPad e-books could confuse
- French panel: Tax Google ad revenue
- Apple confirms purchase of music site Lala.com
- AP source: Apple in talks to buy Lala.com
- EU agrees on new Internet user rights
- Chinese site to steer users to legit music source
- Britain to cut Web access of Internet pirates
- Google, MySpace, Facebook make music moves
- Facebook to allow 10-cent Web song gifts from Lala
- AP Sources: Google to unveil music search