PARIS - In 514 matches for club and country, German wunder-forward Oliver Bierhoff scored 226 times.
LAGOS, Nigeria - For a decade, West Africa's main connection to the Internet has been a single fiber-optic cable in the Atlantic, a tenuous and expensive link for one of the poorest areas of the planet.
JOHANNESBURG - Spain showed touches of the class that won the 2008 European Championship and Paraguay went the limit, needing a shootout to dispose of Japan at the World Cup.
JOHANNESBURG - FIFA president Sepp Blatter's apparent U-turn on the possible introduction of technology to help referees should be taken with a pinch of salt.
JOHANNESBURG - Upon further review, soccer's governing body now agrees that something must be done about the blatant missed calls that have infuriated fans and players alike at the World Cup.
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Brazil, Netherlands qualify for WCup quarterfinals
- Bad-call blues: FIFA urged to allow video replay
- FIFA, don't ignore the Blunder in Bloemfontein
- To get away from soccer, players play more soccer
- World Cup coverage expands on the Web, cell phones
- Reliance Communications approves stake sale
- Hahnemann thinks World Cup ball is bad invention
- So Africa to Plan Porn Ban on Net and Mobile
- Eq. Guinea vote to reinstall leader denying graft