CAIRO - Russia's VimpelCom Ltd and Weather Investments, the investment company headed by Egyptian telecom mogul Naguib Sawiris, said they are merging to form what would become the world's fifth largest mobile telecommunication service provider in a deal valued at over $6.5 billion.
CAIRO - Trading in mobile phone service provider Orascom Telecom's shares was halted on the Egyptian stock exchange Monday as the bourse sought clarification about reports of a possible deal with Russia's VimpelCom Ltd.
CAIRO - Egypt hopes to see a tenfold increase in exports from its growing outsourcing industry by 2020 and will boost its focus on information technology entrepreneurship and co-ownership of intellectual property, the country's information technology minister said Wednesday.
LAGOS, Nigeria - The managing director for French oil major Total SA's Nigerian operation says a proposed federal law to overhaul the nation's oil industry will hurt foreign investment.
PARIS - In 514 matches for club and country, German wunder-forward Oliver Bierhoff scored 226 times.
- New cables tie West Africa closer to Internet
- Nigeria: Bharti promises $600M telecom investment
- Blatter hints at tech U-turn
- Is Blatter's U-turn for real?
- Bad calls prompt FIFA to study high-tech ref help
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Brazil, Netherlands qualify for WCup quarterfinals
- Bad-call blues: FIFA urged to allow video replay
- FIFA, don't ignore the Blunder in Bloemfontein
- To get away from soccer, players play more soccer
- Parents: Teen sailor healthy after 3 days adrift
- Calif. teen sailor blogs days adrift were 'crazy'
- Calif. teen sailor says days adrift were 'crazy'
- French fishing boat rescues stranded Calif. teen
- World Cup coverage expands on the Web, cell phones
- Reliance Communications approves stake sale
- Hahnemann thinks World Cup ball is bad invention
- Orascom: Algeria ready to discuss Djezzy sale
- Report: Orascom-MTN talks to end in a week
- New Net domains break language barriers
- Ex-Rwandan diplomat now in Ala. probed in genocide
- Treasury allows Internet exports to Iran, others
- Egyptian blogger on military trial to be freed
- Egyptian blogger facing military court
- China Unicom denies bid for Nigerian phone company
- Egypt court blocks France Telecom's Mobinil offer
- Orascom loses appeal on France Telecom's buy plan
- Al-Qaida in Yemen threatened US
- Eq. Guinea vote to reinstall leader denying graft
- Correction: Internet conference story
- Egypt to apply for first Arabic domain name
- Agents arrest dozens for theft scheme in US, Egypt
- Nearly 100 charged in US, Egypt in ID theft scheme
- Dozens arrested in US, Egypt in ID theft scheme
- Endangered Ugandan gorillas join Facebook, MySpace