SHENZHEN, China - Warren Buffett's backing gave Chinese battery and automaking tycoon Wang Chuanfu a huge boost, and on paper represents at least a six-fold return on the investment.
DETROIT - To improve gas mileage, automakers are tweaking cars and trucks between model years, especially in the cost-conscious and popular market for midsize sedans.
WASHINGTON - Could a blind person drive a car? Researchers are trying to make that far-flung notion a reality.
WASHINGTON - A Senate committee Wednesday approved a bill that would require automakers to meet new safety standards, impose stiff penalties for companies that fail to quickly report defects and double funding for the government agency overseeing car safety.
- GM wants more subprime buyers; will lender agree?
- Toyota conducts safety tests on all SUV models
- Drivers complain that Toyota's fixes didn't work
- Toyota apologizes to European consumers at show
- Toyota woes mount with reported Prius recall
- Toyota woes mount as gov't examines Prius brakes
- Asian automakers face battle to keep US dominance
- Pelosi, LaHood laud US investment in autos
- GM's trial program selling cars on eBay set to end
- EU adviser: Google ads don't infringe trademarks
- NuGrowth buying subsidiary of State Auto Financial
- EBay, GM set to start car-selling trial
- EBay, GM to start trial program to sell new cars
- EBay, GM set to start car-selling trial Tuesday