Latin America And Caribbean
DALLAS - A federal appeals court revived the Securities and Exchange Commission's insider-trading lawsuit against Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on Tuesday, saying it was "plausible" he knew he was not supposed to sell stock in a company to avoid a loss after receiving confidential information.
SAO PAULO - Police say a 17-year-old teen was detained after he shot arrows with cell phones attached over the walls of a prison in southern Brazil to inmates waiting on the other side.
BASSETERRE, St. Kitts - A push for laws authorizing police wiretaps is facing resistance in small eastern Caribbean countries, where some islanders fear governments would use them to spy on political opponents.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's government on Friday ordered the closure one of the nation's three leading Internet providers, demanding that Grupo Clarin immediately inform "each and every one" of its more than 1 million customers that they have 90 days to find new ways of getting online.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican officials trying to dilute a near-monopoly on cell phone services have awarded valuable frequencies to a company that holds a near-monopoly in broadcast television.
- DirecTV 2Q profit up 33 pct on subscriber growth
- Guyana to sell needy 90,000 computers at discount
- China to invest $10B in Argentina's railways
- Globecomm gets 2 contracts for Caribbean services
- Blatter hints at tech U-turn
- Bad calls prompt FIFA to study high-tech ref help
- Octopus Paul predicts German win over Argentina
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Brazil, Netherlands qualify for WCup quarterfinals
- At least $800M spent for 53-mile border fence
- Iran dismisses sanctions, but tried to avoid them
- Cuba trains Venezuela in military, communications
- Summary Box: Haiti telecom's savior is Vietnam
- Moody's puts NII rating on review for upgrade
- Argentine judge moves against Facebook youth group
- Chavez rockets to No. 1 on Twitter Venezuela
- Venezuela's Hugo Chavez takes to Twitter
- Chile says computer virus hits court system
- Google discloses demands for censorship, user data
- Argentine leader predicts success on bond dispute
- Russia offers Venezuela nuclear help, Chavez says
- Putin deepens ties with Chavez on Venezuela visit
- AP Top News at 3:28 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 3:14 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:44 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:36 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:33 a.m. EDT
- Cuba criticizes US ruling on Internet access
- Brazil may break US patents on films, music, drugs
- China to bid on US high-speed rail projects
- Mexico's Slim becomes 'world's richest' person
- Google welcomes chance to export to Iran, Cuba
- Treasury allows Internet exports to Iran, others
- Venezuela telecom agency rejects anti-Chavez TV
- Brazil rebuffs US, says it will go own way on Iran