CAIRO - Russia's VimpelCom Ltd and Weather Investments, the investment company headed by Egyptian telecom mogul Naguib Sawiris, said they are merging to form what would become the world's fifth largest mobile telecommunication service provider in a deal valued at over $6.5 billion.
CAIRO - Trading in mobile phone service provider Orascom Telecom's shares was halted on the Egyptian stock exchange Monday as the bourse sought clarification about reports of a possible deal with Russia's VimpelCom Ltd.
CAIRO - Egypt hopes to see a tenfold increase in exports from its growing outsourcing industry by 2020 and will boost its focus on information technology entrepreneurship and co-ownership of intellectual property, the country's information technology minister said Wednesday.
CAIRO - Egyptian mobile phone giant Orascom Telecom said Tuesday the Algerian government was ready to begin negotiating a possible purchase of Orascom's subsidiary in the North African nation.
CAIRO - The chairman of Egyptian mobile phone giant Orascom Telecom says he expects talks with South Africa's MTN Group over the purchase of some of Orascom's units will be wrapped up within a week.
- New Net domains break language barriers
- Treasury allows Internet exports to Iran, others
- Egyptian blogger on military trial to be freed
- Egyptian blogger facing military court
- Egypt court blocks France Telecom's Mobinil offer
- Orascom loses appeal on France Telecom's buy plan
- Al-Qaida in Yemen threatened US
- Correction: Internet conference story
- Egypt to apply for first Arabic domain name
- Agents arrest dozens for theft scheme in US, Egypt
- Nearly 100 charged in US, Egypt in ID theft scheme
- Dozens arrested in US, Egypt in ID theft scheme