NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market: NYSE Fortune Brands Inc., up $3.85 at $55.85 The shares rose after a report that activist investor William Ackman became the largest shareholder in the company.
LINCOLN, Neb. - Ndamukong Suh's $2 million donation to his alma mater comes with more than few apps for his former teammates.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's ballot measure to legalize marijuana has a new friend: Facebook co-founder Sean Parker has given $100,000 to back the proposal.
BOSTON - The running mate of an independent candidate for Massachusetts governor says he quit the race after learning the candidate was coordinating with the campaign of Democratic incumbent Deval Patrick.
WASHINGTON - Blind and deaf people will be able to more easily use smart phones, the Internet and other technologies that are staples of life and work under a bill signed into law on Friday.
- Swiss award for Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales
- Ahead of the Bell: Adobe and Microsoft
- US spending on Afghan security contractors slammed
- Synopsys buys software firm Optical Research
- PayPal iPhone app lets you scan checks to deposit
- Adobe soars on report of possible Microsoft bid
- Shoppers may have the upper hand this Christmas
- Yahoo revs up search results in turnaround quest
- Verizon says fast 4G wireless coming to 38 cities
- Review: A better Apple TV doesn't beat competition
- Logitech unveils Revue, a $300 Google TV set-box
- Draft trade pact more palatable to tech companies
- Mueller: Revise telecom law to aid terror probes
- Raytheon gets Navy contract for $112.3 million
- Report: Apple to make iPhones for CDMA networks
- Study: Medical device buying rules waste billions
- Facebook offers new way to sort friends, copy info
- Verizon says 4G high speed coming to Northeast
- Cisco to sell videoconferencing box for the home
- Qualcomm ends sales of portable sets for mobile TV
- Site issues cause outage for some Facebook users
- Yahoo spruces up its online ads with Dapper deal
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' to be released in 3-D
- Agreement paves way for NYC subway wireless access
- 'Social Network' connects with fans in $22M debut
- Ford, AmEx, Sara Lee among big market movers
- Skype getting new chief executive from Cisco
- Packers S Burnett out for season with torn ACL
- Skype getting new CEO from Cisco
- LightSquared closes on $850 million of debt
- Emanuel hits Chicago streets, makes case for mayor
- Following film and TV, music takes stab at 3-D
- Worldwide chip sales jump in August
- Microsemi to purchase Actel for about $430 million
- Nations wary of dependence on China's rare earths