Recessions And Depressions
NEW YORK - The Christmas shopping season doesn't kick off for another six weeks, but retailers already are signaling they're prepared to discount aggressively to entice shoppers still skittish about spending.
NEW YORK - This year's hot holiday toys are high-tech - and low-price.
Text of President Barack Obama's remarks to the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday, as provided by the White House: Mr.
REDMOND, Wash. - Microsoft Corp. said Tuesday it is raising its quarterly dividend for the first time in two years in a move that will return more of the software maker's nearly $37 billion cash hoard to its shareholders.
- Stocks rise on strength in technology sector
- Stock futures jump on strength in tech sector
- Buffett, Ballmer predict bright economic future
- Future hiring will mainly benefit the high-skilled
- Ad campaign will show off Xerox's service business
- PC industry's woes could mean bargains this fall
- Summary Box: Recession hits phone makers in chips
- Recession hits smart-phone makers in the chips
- Dell 2Q net income rises 16 percent
- Stocks drop as jobless claims rise unexpectedly
- Stock futures drop as jobless claims rise
- Earnings Preview: Cisco results back to 2008's
- Manufacturing lifts recovery with year of growth
- Cell phone shipments continue to recover
- United Technologies 2Q net income rises
- Yahoo's lackluster 2Q revenue growth sinks stock
- Yahoo 2Q earnings climb 51 pct, but revenue modest
- IBM lifts 2010 forecast but economic worries loom
- TI 2Q revenue rises 42 pct as demand roars back
- Companies spending more on tech but still cautious
- Stocks surge after Alcoa, CSX report strong profit
- Survey: Hiring plans of US CEOs at 3-year high
- Game companies ready to show new ways to play
- Kids labeled 'generation next' before they grow up
- 154-year-old Honolulu Advertiser prints last issue
- Network spending shows why free TV isn't dead yet
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials
- GM wants more subprime buyers; will lender agree?
- Earnings Preview: Cisco expects continued recovery
- First-quarter chip sales up 58 pct over last year
- Frugality among consumers is outliving recession
- IBM boosts dividend 18 pct, extends share buyback
- A look at tech-industry earnings for Q1
- IBM optimistic amid signs of tech spending rebound
- DynaVox is standout in crowded week for IPOs