SAO PAULO - Police say a 17-year-old teen was detained after he shot arrows with cell phones attached over the walls of a prison in southern Brazil to inmates waiting on the other side.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's government on Friday ordered the closure one of the nation's three leading Internet providers, demanding that Grupo Clarin immediately inform "each and every one" of its more than 1 million customers that they have 90 days to find new ways of getting online.
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Guyana has pledged to spend $30 million in the next three years to buy 90,000 laptops and resell them at a discount to the poor.
BEIJING - Argentina and China signed a deal for Beijing to invest $10 billion in the South American nation's railways during a visit by the Argentine president but there was no sign of progress in a dispute over soy imports.
JOHANNESBURG - Spain showed touches of the class that won the 2008 European Championship and Paraguay went the limit, needing a shootout to dispose of Japan at the World Cup.
- Bad calls prompt FIFA to study high-tech ref help
- Octopus Paul predicts German win over Argentina
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Brazil, Netherlands qualify for WCup quarterfinals
- Iran dismisses sanctions, but tried to avoid them
- Cuba trains Venezuela in military, communications
- Moody's puts NII rating on review for upgrade
- Argentine judge moves against Facebook youth group
- Chavez rockets to No. 1 on Twitter Venezuela
- Venezuela's Hugo Chavez takes to Twitter
- Chile says computer virus hits court system
- Google discloses demands for censorship, user data
- Argentine leader predicts success on bond dispute
- Russia offers Venezuela nuclear help, Chavez says
- Putin deepens ties with Chavez on Venezuela visit
- Brazil may break US patents on films, music, drugs
- China to bid on US high-speed rail projects
- Venezuela telecom agency rejects anti-Chavez TV
- Brazil rebuffs US, says it will go own way on Iran
- Brazil cool to Clinton on new Iran sanctions
- Charges drag DirecTV to 4th-quarter loss
- Mexico's Televisa to buy 30 pct of Nextel Mexico
- Mexico's Televisa to buy 30 pct of Nextel
- Removal of anti-Chavez TV channel spurs protests
- Anti-Chavez channel removed from cable
- Cable providers dumps anti-Chavez TV channel
- Cable TV providers dragged into Chavez-media spat
- Anti-Chavez cable channel at risk, lawyer says
- Guyana's president says Facebook profile is fake
- Arrest in Facebook threat to Colombia leader's son
- Dell smart phone to debut in China, Brazil
- Venezuela, Russia to boost technology cooperation
- Politics gets personal in Argentine media fight
- Gov's 'other woman' fiercely private, no pushover