Association with the Wikileaks as a brand is something of a red herring for most financial institutions.
The Bank of America has announced today that it will stop handling payments for Wikileaks.
WASHINGTON - Facebook, the social networking giant, has no plans to ban content from a 'fan page' associated with Wikileaks-at least, as of now, say bosses.
BEIJING - PayPal, the online payments service, has blocked donations to WikiLeaks and to a German foundation that raises funds for it following the release of 250,000 confidential US government cables.
- WikiLeaks suspect ‘designed Facebook’ as a schoolboy, say pals
- Wisecracking and fist-bumping Bush boasts of 600,000 Facebook friends!
- A return to silence in a post-WikiLeaks world?
- WikiLeaks: We don't know source of leaked data
- US braces for blowback over Afghan war disclosures
- Leaks create fresh doubt about Afghan war, secrets