NEW YORK - Verizon Wireless said Wednesday that its new wireless broadband network, which offers higher data speeds initially for laptop users, will be live before the end of the year in the cities on the Boston-to-Washington stretch as well as in California, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Seattle and other areas.
NEW YORK - Verizon Wireless says its new wireless broadband network, which offers higher data speeds initially for laptop users, will be live before the end of the year in the cities on the Boston-to-Washington stretch as well as California, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Seattle and others.
WASHINGTON - The Federal Communications Commission is opening up unused airwaves between television channels for wireless broadband networks that will be more powerful and can reach farther than today's Wi-Fi hotspots.
BANGKOK - Thailand's bid to catch up with neighboring countries on advanced telecommunications technology has stalled after a court Thursday ruled to suspend a bidding process for 3G licenses.
- JetBlue signs deal for satellite onboard Wi-Fi
- The state of 4G wireless at a glance
- MetroPCS fires up cutting-edge wireless network
- FCC to open up vacant TV airwaves for broadband
- DC launches free Wi-Fi on National Mall
- Samsung unveils iPad competitor Galaxy
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S phones do Android proud
- China Unicom to sell Apple's iPhone with Wi-Fi
- Hacker builds $1,500 cell-phone tapping device
- Amazon CEO hopes new Kindles stoke sales
- Amazon hopes new Kindles stoke sales
- FCC, public safety at odds over broadband plan
- AT&T sells Wayport; will still run Wi-Fi business
- Taiwan, Japan to develop broadband technologies
- Summary Box: Wireless broadband network to launch
- New wireless broadband network to launch next year
- Could free Wi-Fi soon hit the skies?
- AT&T says NYC wireless network upgrade complete
- Review: Need a new iPhone? I'll take 4, please
- Summary Box: Starbucks offers free Wi-Fi
- Starbucks: Free Wi-Fi at 6,700 US sites
- Summary Box: Google says it didn't use Wi-Fi data
- Google tells lawmakers it never used Wi-Fi data
- AT&T hole exposes iPad users' e-mail addresses
- AT&T security hole exposes iPad users' e-mails
- Conn. AG: Google gathered public Wi-Fi data to map
- Google denies use of private data for mapping
- Google denies use of private data
- Next iPhone has clearer screen, coming out June 24
- Conn. investigating Google's use of private data
- For new AT&T users, no more 'all you can eat' data
- AT&T caps phone data usage with new wireless plans
- 4G wireless: It's fast, but outstripped by hype
- Germany lashes out at Google for privacy breach
- Google grabs personal info off of Wi-Fi networks