How to Hack Your Computers BIOS PasswordBy Angsuman Chakraborty, Gaea News Network
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Suppose you have forgot the BIOS password of your computer or you are into your friend’s computer and want to give him a little shock. But the problem is the BIOS is locked with a password and you can’t find a way to enter through it.
Don’t worry. here is this old trick that will help you to hack into a BIOS system, with or without a password protection.
- Power off the computer and make sure that it is unplugged.
- Open up your computer case. Of course you need physical access to the motherboard to complete this procedure.
Find a circular, (mostly) silver metallic object on the motherboard. This is the CMOS battery (lol I never knew that battery can be described in detail)
- Carefully remove the CMOS battery and leave it out for about 120 seconds. This will flush the CMOS memory which stores the BIOS password and all other configuration.
- Set the battery back into place and power on the computer.
- The computer should then warn you that the CMOS configuration could not be found. You can either reconfigure it yourself or restore defaults. Restoring the default configuration should be fine.
- You will notice that the BIOS password has been cleared and you can boot without it. You may reset the BIOS password to something else by going into the BIOS configuration and setting a new User Password (The Supervisor Password controls access to the BIOS, NOT the computer!)
and You are done!
But it works for desktops only. What if you have a laptop and you want to break through the BIOS password there? Its a bit tricky. But if you are interested, tell me and I will explain that process for you. Take care.