LONDON - Salman Rushdie, the prize-winning Indian-born writer, has in the past based novels on the politics of India and Pakistan.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. is unintentionally aiding the Taliban and may be endangering coalition troops by relying on poorly monitored private security guards often provided by Afghan warlords, according to a Senate report.
CAIRO - Russia's VimpelCom Ltd and Weather Investments, the investment company headed by Egyptian telecom mogul Naguib Sawiris, said they are merging to form what would become the world's fifth largest mobile telecommunication service provider in a deal valued at over $6.5 billion.
TOKYO - Toshiba Corp. believes it has a solution for television viewers who like 3-D but hate the glasses.
TOKYO - China's recent halt of exotic metal shipments to Japan amid a diplomatic spat has reverberated throughout the world's high-tech manufacturing hubs - now on heightened alert to the risks of relying on one country for materials that do everything from helping hybrid engines run to creating the color red in televisions.
- South Korea dominates World Cyber Games
- Video game drops Taliban label amid protests
- Gates, Buffett talk to China wealthy about charity
- Drinks-making billionaire leads China rich list
- Gates, Buffett dine with China's rich for charity
- Google off'l: company's future in China uncertain
- Fearing holy site unrest, India bans bulk texting
- Gates, Buffett set to dine with China's rich
- Nintendo cuts profit, 3DS not ready for Christmas
- Nintendo says 3DS arriving in February, March
- Wikipedia co-founder: WikiLeaks was irresponsible
- China automaker BYD gets visit from backer Buffett
- Text of Obama's remarks to the UN
- Twitter hack: Made in Japan?
- Thailand's bid for high-speed Internet stalled
- Adobe 3Q net income soars, outlook disappoints
- EU aims to comply with WTO ruling on tech tariffs
- China launches first cross-border air strike drill
- Google defends shrinking China market share
- US tech earnings drive world markets higher
- LG Electronics replaces CEO over profit slump
- Sharp calls for more action to contain strong yen
- Air Force to base advanced drones on Guam
- Dell to boost China spend to $100B over a decade
- Summary Box: Tokyo event showcases 3-D gaming
- Summary Box: Sony game console to show 3-D movies
- Tokyo event showcases fledgling 3-D gaming
- Microsoft teams up with Japanese game studios
- Sony's game console to show 3-D movies, get wand
- Sony banking on karaoke to woo buyers to Walkman
- Schwarzenegger urges Congress to act on trade
- Schwarzenegger hawks California goods in Japan
- Apple to start selling iPad in China
- Stocks climb on banking reform, China growth
- Hitachi head wants government to fight strong yen