SALT LAKE CITY - A team of Ohio State University students hopes to earn a land speed record for an electric car after runs at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats.
MILAN - A pair of fender-benders, two technology-loving hitchhikers and 22 hours blocked at the Russian border.
PARMA, Italy - It's a modern-day version of Marco Polo's journey halfway around the world - but is anyone at the controls? A team of Italian engineers on Tuesday launched what has been billed as the longest-ever test drive of driverless vehicles: a 13,000-kilometer (8,000-mile), three-month road trip from Italy to China, not in search of silk, but to test the limits of future automotive technology.
BOSTON - When Mary Burke recently took her 2007 Honda Element with its worn-out ignition switch to her regular repair shop, the mechanic didn't have the software to fix the problem.
- Correction: Brammo electric motorcyle story
- Obama touts investment in Michigan battery plant
- Automakers tweak midsize cars to boost gas mileage
- GE to make faster electric-vehicle battery charger
- Obama to travel to Michigan Thursday
- Driving while blind? Maybe, with new high-tech car
- Group to show car that can be driven by the blind
- GM's Whitacre: Austin added to Volt rollout list
- Summary Box: Tesla shares soar in 1st-day trading
- Tesla Motors shares rise in IPO debut
- With IPO, Tesla bets on electric car's future
- Toyota president apologizes to shareholders
- Tesla Motors to raise $185M in IPO, Toyota deal
- Ford to invest $135M in 2 Michigan factories
- Toyota to invest $50M in Tesla electric car plant
- AM General goes green with electric vans
- Tesla Motors close to picking site for new factory
- New way to guide a car: With your eyes, not hands
- Toyota conducts safety tests on all SUV models
- GM: Electric Chevrolet Volt meeting range goals
- GM to expand battery lab outside of Detroit
- Audi to climb Pikes Peak without a driver
- Mo. electric-vehicle maker gets $22M federal grant
- Europe's bruised economies search for way forward
- Gov't may seek more authority on vehicle safety
- Sanyo vows to keep No. 1 spot in batteries
- Honda expands airbag inflation recall
- Prius problems put spotlight on car electronics
- Mich. plans to delay more than 200 road projects
- Asian automakers face battle to keep US dominance
- Pelosi, LaHood laud US investment in autos
- Ford adding tweets to its Sync in-car technology
- Poster child for recession shows signs of recovery
- Delphi details plans for $89.3M federal grant
- Where's the next boom? Maybe in 'cleantech'