PALO ALTO, Calif. - Facebook is trying to make it easier for people to share their updates selectively and draw distinctions between friends, family members and co-workers on the Web's biggest social hub.
NEW YORK - Services based on your location, such as Foursquare, are popular in the tech-centric bubbles of Silicon Valley and New York City.
WASHINGTON - Visa Inc. spent $1.53 million in the second quarter to lobby the federal government on credit card regulations and other issues, according to a disclosure report.
NEW YORK - Capital One Financial Corp.
BERLIN - The German government will consider new rules to address the privacy implications of Internet services such as Google's "Street View," and plans a meeting next month with the California-based company and others, officials said Wednesday.
- FBI access to e-mail, Web data raises privacy fear
- FBI access to e-mail and Web records raises fears
- Business events scheduled for the coming week
- German minister lashes out at Facebook
- Utah agencies probe alleged illegal immigrant list
- Australia: Google Street View broke privacy law
- Germany takes legal steps against Facebook
- Facebook launches 'permissions' for apps, websites
- Anthem Blue Cross glitch exposed personal data
- Kagan sought secrecy in 4 of 5 open gov't cases
- Adobe spent $50,000 lobbying in 1Q
- Image-conscious youth rein in social networking
- Germany to Google: Respect data privacy
- Facebook's expansion triggers political backlash
- Google: $1.4M on 1Q lobby on China, other issues
- 10 nations tell Google of privacy concern on Buzz
- Summary Box: Study finds young care about privacy
- Study: Young adults do care about online privacy
- Study finds young do care about online privacy
- German minister criticizes Facebook on privacy
- Adobe spent $70,000 lobbying in 4Q
- European privacy battle looms for Facebook, Google
- Direct Marketing Assn spent $250K lobbying in 4Q
- Google warned by EU over Street View map photos
- Summary Box: Cell phone apps for check deposits
- Check this out: Deposit money by taking a photo
- Microsoft cuts IP address storage to 6 months
- EU nations divided on use of airport body scanners
- Yahoo launches online consumer privacy tool
- Web ad group launches privacy education campaign
- Congress weighs landmark change in Web ad privacy
- Microsoft-Yahoo deal to face tough antitrust probe
- BlackBerry maker: UAE partner's update was spyware