District Of Columbia
CHICAGO - Last week, Afghanistan. This week, parents protesting the proposed demolition of a park field house.
Text of President Barack Obama's remarks to the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday, as provided by the White House: Mr.
WASHINGTON - On the eve of conservative commentator Glenn Beck's rally at the Lincoln Memorial, a blogger's assertion that parts of the nation's capital should be avoided touched off accusations of racism and a sharp response by angry city leaders.
HAGERSTOWN, Md. - An Army private charged with leaking classified material to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks had civilian help, a key figure in the case said Saturday.
WASHINGTON - The monumental leak of classified Afghan war documents threatened Monday to create deeper doubts about the war at home, cause new friction with Pakistan over allegations about its spy agency and raise questions around the world about Washington's own ability to protect military secrets.
- Leaks provide ground-level account of Afghan war
- Obama apologizes to ousted Agriculture official
- Obama voices regret to ousted Agriculture official
- Sherrod not sure she would go back to Ag Dept
- AP Enterprise: Fiorina faces fundraising challenge
- US unveils plan to make online transactions safer
- New iPhone selling briskly as thousands line up
- Kagan sought secrecy in 4 of 5 open gov't cases
- Gate crasher to appear on 'Real Housewives of DC'
- White House gate crasher lands TV role
- Google ads used by 1.5M US marketers, websites
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials
- White House sees no cyber attack on Wall Street
- US unveils new, more restrictive nuclear policy
- US unveiling new, more restrictive nuclear policy
- US to adopt narrower policy on using nuclear arms
- US plans broader nuclear arms talks with Russians
- Apple fans eagerly touch and swipe first iPads
- White House disappointed Google, China at odds
- White House tweeting spreads president's message
- Few details in White House summary of cyber plan
- White House posts summary of secret cyber plan
- Now Tweeting: White House press secretary Gibbs
- Study: Distracted driving laws don't stop crashes
- SPIN METER: US jobs picture mixed for rail grants
- China tries to limit Google dispute fallout
- Ask AP: Homebuyer tax break, texting while driving
- CAPITAL CULTURE: Obama making Oval Office his own
- White House picks new cyber coordinator
- Chronology of news events in 2009
- White House Christmases: mistletoe and chain saws