CAIRO - Russia's VimpelCom Ltd and Weather Investments, the investment company headed by Egyptian telecom mogul Naguib Sawiris, said they are merging to form what would become the world's fifth largest mobile telecommunication service provider in a deal valued at over $6.5 billion.
TOKYO - Toshiba Corp. believes it has a solution for television viewers who like 3-D but hate the glasses.
TOKYO - China's recent halt of exotic metal shipments to Japan amid a diplomatic spat has reverberated throughout the world's high-tech manufacturing hubs - now on heightened alert to the risks of relying on one country for materials that do everything from helping hybrid engines run to creating the color red in televisions.
LOS ANGELES - South Korea retained the title of grand champion for the third straight year at the Olympics of the video game world.
BEIJING - Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and billionaire investor Warren Buffett said Thursday they were impressed by the passion they saw among China's super rich for giving back to society during a dinner for Chinese millionaires.
- Drinks-making billionaire leads China rich list
- Gates, Buffett dine with China's rich for charity
- Google off'l: company's future in China uncertain
- Gates, Buffett set to dine with China's rich
- Nintendo cuts profit, 3DS not ready for Christmas
- Nintendo says 3DS arriving in February, March
- China automaker BYD gets visit from backer Buffett
- Twitter hack: Made in Japan?
- Adobe 3Q net income soars, outlook disappoints
- EU aims to comply with WTO ruling on tech tariffs
- China launches first cross-border air strike drill
- Google defends shrinking China market share
- US tech earnings drive world markets higher
- LG Electronics replaces CEO over profit slump
- Sharp calls for more action to contain strong yen
- Air Force to base advanced drones on Guam
- Dell to boost China spend to $100B over a decade
- Summary Box: Tokyo event showcases 3-D gaming
- Summary Box: Sony game console to show 3-D movies
- Tokyo event showcases fledgling 3-D gaming
- Microsoft teams up with Japanese game studios
- Sony's game console to show 3-D movies, get wand
- Sony banking on karaoke to woo buyers to Walkman
- Schwarzenegger urges Congress to act on trade
- Schwarzenegger hawks California goods in Japan
- Apple to start selling iPad in China
- Stocks climb on banking reform, China growth
- Hitachi head wants government to fight strong yen
- Schwarzenegger checks out China's high-speed rail
- Schwarzenegger tries out China's high speed rail
- Governor to promote Calif. World Expo bid in Asia
- Microsoft's Xbox ready for bigger battle in Japan
- Summary Box: Gates, Buffett pitch charity in China
- Taiwan's HTC: iPhone's 'quiet' challenger
- Google, Skype targeted in India security crackdown