WASHINGTON - Blind and deaf people will be able to more easily use smart phones, the Internet and other technologies that are staples of life and work under a bill signed into law on Friday.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates on Friday backed off a threat to cut key BlackBerry services, just days before a planned ban that could have harmed the country's business-friendly reputation.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates on Friday backed off a threat to cut key BlackBerry services, just days before a ban was set to take effect that could have harmed the country's business-friendly reputation.
SAN FRANCISCO - Betting you wouldn't trek to your bank or the closest ATM if you didn't have to, PayPal has added a feature to its free iPhone application that lets users deposit checks into their PayPal accounts by taking a picture of them.
NEW YORK - Verizon Wireless said Wednesday that its new wireless broadband network, which offers higher data speeds initially for laptop users, will be live before the end of the year in the cities on the Boston-to-Washington stretch as well as in California, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Seattle and other areas.
- Report: Apple to make iPhones for CDMA networks
- Verizon says 4G high speed coming to Northeast
- Qualcomm ends sales of portable sets for mobile TV
- Candidates get creative to build text-message list
- Microsoft sues Motorola over smart phone patents
- Congress acts to give blind better Web, MP3 access
- Libraries launch apps to sync with iPod generation
- Forget virtual gifts; Bartab says send a margarita
- Study finds texting laws haven't reduced crashes
- Study finds texting laws don't reduce crashes
- RIM launches advertising service for BlackBerrys
- Amazon making Kindle app for BlackBerry tablet
- The iPad and its competitors at a glance
- BlackBerry CEO suggests route to eavesdropping
- BlackBerry maker offers tablet aimed at businesses
- NCAA finds Chattanooga guilty of major violations
- Verizon CEO hints iPhone not coming soon
- Thailand's bid for high-speed Internet stalled
- Review: Newest iPods get it right, as expected
- The state of 4G wireless at a glance
- AT&T selling satellite-enabled smart phone
- MetroPCS fires up cutting-edge wireless network
- Summit calls for reduction in distracted driving
- Proposal bans texting by haz-mat truck drivers
- AT&T to sell satellite-enabled smart phone
- For deaf, wireless devices a new portal to world
- Microsoft wraps up tools for mobile app developers
- Review: How the iPad won over a skeptic
- Apple's new iPad, iPhone software due in November
- Hot chocolate: Hershey in dispute over iPhone app
- Nokia dumps CEO, turns to Microsoft exec
- Cincinnati bans text messaging while driving
- Apple publishes guidelines for app approval
- Apple to publish guidelines for app approval
- Court: Judges can demand warrant for cell locales