NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market: NYSE Ford Motor Co., up 58 cents at $12.84 A Morgan Stanley analyst took an upbeat view of the automaker's stock because of strong revenue prospects as U.S.
CAIRO - Trading in mobile phone service provider Orascom Telecom's shares was halted on the Egyptian stock exchange Monday as the bourse sought clarification about reports of a possible deal with Russia's VimpelCom Ltd.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard Co. has hired recently discarded software executive Leo Apotheker to steer the world's largest technology company as it tries to prove it can thrive without its previous leader, Mark Hurd.
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Inc., the world's largest maker of computer-networking gear, said Tuesday that it would pay its first dividend by July, the end of its current fiscal year.
HERNDON, Va. - GTSI Corp., a provider of information technology equipment and services to government agencies, said Monday that its board had rejected an unsolicited acquisition proposal for $7 per share from Eyak Technology LLC.
- Recent acquisitions by major technology companies
- Paetec buying rival telecom Cavalier for $460M
- Hewlett-Packard buying ArcSight for $1.5 billion
- Nokia mobile phone exec leaves after new CEO named
- Hurd's Oracle gig: Is Ellison perk or problem?
- HP sues ex-CEO Hurd over new job at rival Oracle
- HP vs Dell: the showdown that ended in spectacle
- Dell cedes data storage maker 3Par to HP
- Bidding for 3Par heats up; HP tops latest Dell bid
- Taleo to buy Learn.com for $125 million
- VMware buys software makers Integrien, TriCipher
- 3M buying maker of products used to track people
- Summary Box: Mediacom drops proposal to go private
- Mediacom CEO dropping proposal to go private
- 3M buying maker of people tracking devices
- Summary Box: Intel buys chip tech in phone push
- Intel buys wireless chip tech in mobile-phone push
- Skilled Healthcare, Genzyme, Intel big movers
- Summary Box: Intel buying wireless business
- HP authorizes $10B share buyback
- Intel buying German chipmaker's wireless unit
- Intel buying Infineon's wireless operations
- 3Par calls HP $30 bid 'superior'; Dell mulls reply
- Google travel deal faces Justice Dept scrutiny
- HP boosts bid for 3Par to $1.88B, topping Dell
- 3Par accepts new bid from Dell worth $1.69 billion
- HP blasts back with new bid for 3Par, besting Dell
- HP raises offer for 3Par, trumping Dell's
- Dell says 3Par accepts its hiked $1.52B buyout bid
- CenturyLink and Qwest shareholders OK takeover
- Sector Snap: 3Par bids lift data storage stocks
- HP makes $1.5B bid for 3Par, topping Dell's offer
- Intel buys McAfee for $7.7B in push beyond PCs
- MasterCard acquires DataCash for $520M in cash
- Mexico gives cell frequencies to television giant