As Americans scrutinize every purchase, merchants are making sure to stock up on holiday gifts that are either practical or offer an affordable way to splurge.
NEW YORK - Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
PHILADELPHIA - Comcast Corp. reported lower second-quarter earnings Wednesday partly because of costs related to its pending takeover of NBC Universal, yet it saw improvements in advertising and demand for pricier television services.
NEW YORK - A lot has changed since I reviewed travel websites four years ago.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Corporation Commission authorized Oklahoma Gas and Electric Co.
- China wage hikes boost costs but might help sales
- A tad over? Under? Inaccurate scales can be costly
- Wireless users opt for service without commitment
- Sprint overhauls Virgin Mobile, includes data
- Frugality among consumers is outliving recession
- Health overhaul promises pain, gain for businesses
- Nepalese doc is God of Sight to poor
- Employers vs. Consumers: Who will blink first?
- Charges drag DirecTV to 4th-quarter loss
- Google reduces fee to break Nexus One contract
- Google cuts fee to break Nexus One contract
- AT&T settles class action over termination fees
- Holiday shopping, PayPal help eBay 4Q profit rise
- EBay: holiday cell phone shopping up fourfold
- Gift Guide: High-tech happiness for $100 or less
- Gift Guide: Touch and Windows 7 in fresh PC lineup
- Holiday Web shopping looks brighter than last year
- AP, News Corp bosses tell search engines to pay up
- Business Highlights