Technology Law And Ethics
LUCKNOW, India - India has imposed a nationwide ban on sending bulk text messages amid concerns that a potentially explosive court judgment on who should control a disputed holy site could spark unrest, a top official said Wednesday.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A new study from the insurance industry finds texting while driving laws have had no immediate benefit in reducing crashes.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A new study says laws that ban texting while driving don't reduce wrecks and might actually increase risks.
HARTFORD, Conn. - In a continuing battle over engine part designs, jet engine-maker Pratt & Whitney on Monday sued Rolls Royce, accusing the British company of misleading the U.S.
WASHINGTON - Making sure drivers keep their eyes on the road will require a network of tough laws, enforcement by police and personal responsibility, the government said Tuesday.
- Proposal bans texting by haz-mat truck drivers
- Licensing deal for hot new apple comes under fire
- Appeals court ruling threatens used software sales
- Cincinnati bans text messaging while driving
- HP sues ex-CEO Hurd over new job at rival Oracle
- Paul Allen sues major tech co's, including Google
- Threats of int'l BlackBerry bans echo US debate
- Groups sue Mass. over newly expanded obscenity law
- Internet groups sue Mass. over new obscenity law
- Patent holder sues smart phone makers
- LaHood criticizes driver distraction lobbying push
- Lawsuit seeks arbitration in Microsoft case
- New laws target gun control, smoking and drinking
- Court rules against inventors in patent case
- Keating calls on coaches not to text and drive
- Study: Teens not the worst text-driving culprits
- JDA Software may have to pay Dillard's $246M
- SF cell phone radiation law gets preliminary OK
- Senate committee approves auto safety upgrades
- Texting ban among SC bills likely dead this year
- Lawmakers push to regulate, tax online gambling
- Tax law may get more businesses to go high-tech
- Lawmakers push to regulate, tax online gaming
- US, Russia urge drivers to put down their phones
- Govt wants cell phone limits on railroad operators
- Teens learn dangers of texting while driving
- Del. House votes to restrict driver cell phone use
- Indiana agency, IBM sue each other over $1.3B deal
- Oprah: Drivers, put down your phones
- Harvard law dean condemns student e-mail on blacks
- Vt. eyes restricting monitoring of Internet use
- Microsoft reaches licensing deal on HTC phones
- China wants telecom companies to inform on clients
- Draft trade agreement worries technology companies
- Wis. Senate tweaks fines on texting bill