WASHINGTON - Cyber crime experts from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) have suggested that the mob mentality behind the current wave of cyber attacks against sites of various banking, credit and other service-industries are not the result of frenzy or mass hysteria - rather they are a united group of passionate actors.
WASHINGTON - The step taken by social networking site Facebook to establish a "hate and harassment team" as part of a virtual police squad charged with taking down content that is illegal or violates Facebook's terms of service, has spurred debate over freedom of speech on the Internet.
WASHINGTON - Facebook, the social networking giant, has no plans to ban content from a 'fan page' associated with Wikileaks-at least, as of now, say bosses.
BEIJING - PayPal, the online payments service, has blocked donations to WikiLeaks and to a German foundation that raises funds for it following the release of 250,000 confidential US government cables.
LONDON - A seven-year-old Brit girl unknowingly spent 250 pounds in an hour on a Facebook game - in front of her parents.
- $1 M Deposited in Checks by Paypal App via iPhone
- PayPal iPhone app lets you scan checks to deposit
- Forget virtual gifts; Bartab says send a margarita
- Top eBay e-commerce executive steps down
- PayPal hopes to make micropayments easier online
- Ebay shares up, analyst sees ecommerce steadying
- EBay rolling out shopping rewards program
- PayPal making belated foray in Japan, without eBay
- EBay 2Q profit rise 26 pct on PayPal, marketplace
- Ahead of the Bell: EBay to report 2Q results
- Earnings Preview: EBay Inc.
- Tesla Motors shares surge in 1st day of trading
- With IPO, Tesla bets on electric car's future
- EBay CEO envisions PayPal in more offline settings
- How to easily Integrate Multiple Payment Gateways like PayPal, WorldPay, Authorize.net, BeanStream
- Alibaba to offer PayPal on wholesale site
- Earnings Preview: Growth expected in eBay's 1Q
- Ambac, Best Buy, ConAgra, Citigroup are big movers
- PayPal plans to double staff in Asia
- How to get IEC (Importer-Exporter Code) in India and How to add IEC code to PayPal
- PayPal to become a way to pay for Facebook ads
- Online games and quizzes to test your travel IQ
- PayPal's India transaction block could last months
- PayPal halts certain payment transactions in India
- Malware research group spins off from Harvard
- EBay trying to encourage people to sell more items
- EBay cuts auction listing fees for some sellers
- On the Call: EBay CEO John Donahoe
- Holiday shopping, PayPal help eBay 4Q profit rise
- Ahead of the Bell: EBay to report 4th-qtr results
- Twitter co-founder takes aim at mobile payments
- EBay 3Q net income falls, but revenue rises
- Earnings roundup: Wells Fargo, eBay
- TechBits package
- EBay 3Q net income down 29 pct though revenue rose