Australia And Oceania
HONOLULU - The U.S. military has selected Guam - a U.S.
LONDON - Reporters Without Borders has criticized WikiLeaks, saying the group showed "incredible irresponsibility" in publishing the secret Afghan war documents.
LONDON - WikiLeaks spokesman Julian Assange said Thursday his organization is preparing to release the rest of the secret Afghan war documents it has on file.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia is working with the United States to investigate WikiLeak's publication of thousands of secret Afghan war documents but has not been asked to act against the website's Australian founder, the foreign minister said Thursday.
SYDNEY - Telstra Corp., Australia's largest telecommunications company, reported a 4.7 percent fall in full-year net profit on Thursday, as Australians continued to drop home telephone lines in favor of mobiles.
- China setting milestone as economy passes Japan's
- Australia govt expands proposed broadband network
- World stocks rise as Apple result aids tech sector
- Asia stocks rise as Apple result lifts tech sector
- Australia: Google Street View broke privacy law
- Telstra strikes $10B deal for Australia broadband
- Calif. teen sailor thought rescue might take weeks
- Parents: Teen sailor healthy after 3 days adrift
- Calif. teen sailor blogs days adrift were 'crazy'
- Calif. teen sailor says days adrift were 'crazy'
- French fishing boat rescues stranded Calif. teen
- Parents: Teenage sailor rescued in Indian Ocean
- French fishing vessel steams toward stranded teen
- Boats head to teen sailor drifting in Indian Ocean
- Google denies use of private data for mapping
- Google denies use of private data
- Conn. investigating Google's use of private data
- Company: Chinese cyberattack targets Australia
- Google, Yahoo criticize Australian Internet filter
- Online games and quizzes to test your travel IQ
- Hackers disrupt Australian government Web sites
- GM taps Microsoft CFO to run finances
- Australian government to introduce Internet filter
- Secure Web shopping; US trails in worker benefits
- TechBits package
- AP News in Brief
- Travel briefs
- ICANN hires former cybersecurity chief as new CEO