Business And Professional Services
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market: NYSE Rite Aid Corp., down 15 cents at 95 cents The drugstore operator reported a bigger loss for its fiscal second quarter as its revenue slipped 2.5 percent and it refinanced some of its debt.
SAN FRANCISCO - Several major Silicon Valley employers are trying to settle a government investigation focused on whether they colluded to hold down their payroll expenses by restricting the recruitment of each other's employees.
Whenever companies start hiring freely again, job-seekers with specialized skills and education will have plenty of good opportunities.
WASHINGTON - Commerce Department releases personal income and spending for July, 8:30 a.m.
LAS VEGAS - Gaming equipment maker Bally Technologies Inc.
- Macy's, Disney, Kelly Services big market movers
- IRS to end release of taxpayer debt information
- Dell Inc. paying $100 million in SEC deal
- Ex-H&R Block CEO blasts company; will leave board
- Old technology foils Schwarzenegger's wage order
- Small business owners need a crash course in taxes
- Ahead of the Bell: Dell shares slip
- Companies, groups sue over foreign hiring rules
- Tax law may get more businesses to go high-tech
- Sina's 1Q profit surges on equity gain
- Sina posts 1Q profit surge on equity gain
- Washington Post Co. has profit, slowing ad decline
- Google 1Q growth accelerates while stock reverses
- Google 1Q profit rises 37 pct but stock slides
- Pioneer of online job search starts over again
- Schools with fed funds can give public Web access
- QuinStreet beacon of hope in 'lousy' IPO market
- Dolby 1Q profit falls 11 percent on higher costs
- Gov. Granholm: Create jobs by creating employers
- Volatile stock market weighing on IPOs
- HealthPort nixes IPO, citing weak market
- H&R Block, Yodlee team to create tax prep app
- H&R Block, Yodlee team to create tax prep site
- Small businesses can avoid a tax time train wreck
- Tax filing tips from the IRS
- IRS: Online tax filers can get refunds in 10 days
- French panel: Tax Google ad revenue
- Feds bust ATM hacking ring accused of stealing $9M
- Mo. partners with Microsoft for tech education
- Ultimate Software 3Q loss shrinks to $469K
- Beating the Street is an easy feat for companies
- Stocks end week lower as investors take profits
- 2 staffing firms up after 3Q earnings surprise
- 2 IPOs to signal US desire for China investments
- Extended stalling is over: Tax deadline is Thurs