Diseases And Conditions
CHICAGO - A stunning one in five teens has lost a little bit of hearing, and the problem has increased substantially in recent years, a new national study has found.
CHICAGO - Medical filters that stop blood clots from reaching the lungs can move or break and cause life-threatening problems for patients, the government and a medical journal report said Monday.
WASHINGTON - A government investigator told members of Congress on Thursday that personalized DNA tests claiming to predict certain inheritable diseases are misleading and offer little or no useful information.
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung Electronics said Thursday it has commissioned an independent health and safety review of its semiconductor factories in South Korea after employee illnesses and deaths raised fears of cancer risks.
WASHINGTON - What if my blood sugar's too high today? Is it time for my blood pressure pill? With nagging text messages or more customized two-way interactions, researchers are trying to harness the power of cell phones to help fight chronic diseases.
- Study: No link between cell phone towers, cancer
- No link between cell towers, kids' cancer risk
- Heart group backs video games in obesity campaign
- Project puts 1M books online for blind, dyslexic
- Samsung Electronics tries to quell cancer concerns
- Nepalese doc is God of Sight to poor
- FDA panel backs implant for mild heart failure
- First lady launches contest for healthy kids games
- FDA: Medtronic brain stimulator missed study goal
- Maine panel weighs cell phone cancer warning
- Summary Box: Fighting pandemics in digital age
- Fighting pandemics like swine flu in digital age
- Bill Gates says innovation can leverage change
- Police: Woman lied about infecting others with HIV
- Hi-Tech Pharmacal says FDA clears Tropazone lotion
- Fight against fat goes high-tech with new devices
- Solution to killer superbug found in Norway
- Now hear this: Swim-proof hearing aids to get test
- Been away from the airport? A lot has changed
- GE launches $250 million health care tech fund
- Microsoft urges Web learning in case of swine flu
- Iraqi journalists protest government pressure
- Air Force used Twitter to track NY flyover fallout
- AP News in Brief
- Google shuts office in India over swine flu fears
- Reports: Apple CEO Steve Jobs had liver transplant
- Business Highlights