Entertainment And Media Technology
LONDON - Salman Rushdie, the prize-winning Indian-born writer, has in the past based novels on the politics of India and Pakistan.
LONDON - Salman Rushdie says he turned to the world of video games for inspiration for his new book, "Luka and the Fire of Life." The writer says he wrote the book for his 13-year-old son.
As Americans scrutinize every purchase, merchants are making sure to stock up on holiday gifts that are either practical or offer an affordable way to splurge.
NEW YORK - The Christmas shopping season doesn't kick off for another six weeks, but retailers already are signaling they're prepared to discount aggressively to entice shoppers still skittish about spending.
SAN FRANCISCO - Cisco Systems Inc., seeking to become a bigger name in consumer electronics, said Wednesday that it's going to start selling a $599 box that turns living-room TV sets into big videophones.
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' to be released in 3-D
- Packers S Burnett out for season with torn ACL
- Following film and TV, music takes stab at 3-D
- Toshiba unveils glasses-free 3-D TV
- South Korea dominates World Cyber Games
- Video game drops Taliban label amid protests
- Soundgarden releases new album through video game
- World Cyber Games kickoff in Los Angeles
- 'Star Wars' films to be rereleased in 3-D
- Nintendo cuts profit, 3DS not ready for Christmas
- Nintendo says 3DS arriving in February, March
- Disney launches website for user-generated content
- Video games are outlet for No. 1 pick
- Jackson estate licenses virtual 'Planet Michael'
- Warner Bros., Sony offer more 3-D Blu-ray movies
- Can Sony's Move satisfy the hardcore gamer?
- Correction: 3-D Movies story
- Summary Box: Tokyo event showcases 3-D gaming
- Summary Box: Sony game console to show 3-D movies
- Tokyo event showcases fledgling 3-D gaming
- Microsoft teams up with Japanese game studios
- Sony's game console to show 3-D movies, get wand
- Sedentary gaming gets a shot in the arm with Move
- Slew of 3-D TV movies for the home? Not so fast
- Twitter tweaks website to show more photos, video
- Long expected, YouTube wades into live streaming
- BCE to take full control of CTV
- 'Halo: Reach' aims to grab gamers again
- Study tracks concerns about 3-D TV sets
- Left for dead by MTV, music videos rebound on Web
- Quick Hit football video game gets NFL makeover
- Military bans video game that 'kills' US troops
- Military bans sale of violent video game
- Network for conservative entertainment launches
- Review: 'R.U.S.E.' brings war strategy to consoles