BOSTON - The running mate of an independent candidate for Massachusetts governor says he quit the race after learning the candidate was coordinating with the campaign of Democratic incumbent Deval Patrick.
CARDIFF, Wales - U.S. and European players have been banned from using Twitter and other social networking sites during the Ryder Cup.
PARIS - In 514 matches for club and country, German wunder-forward Oliver Bierhoff scored 226 times.
VENICE, Italy - In film, recession may be the mother of innovation.
MONACO - The head of European soccer insists referees do not need help from video technology.
- Premier League using technology for player ratings
- Extra officials expanded to Champions League
- Mancini says Man City may be interested in Donovan
- Oscars open visual-effects prize to 5 nominees
- 3-D television: a new device, a new language
- Blatter hints at tech U-turn
- Is Blatter's U-turn for real?
- Bad calls prompt FIFA to study high-tech ref help
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Brazil, Netherlands qualify for WCup quarterfinals
- Bad-call blues: FIFA urged to allow video replay
- Refs will get technology, but game will get worse
- FIFA, don't ignore the Blunder in Bloemfontein
- Medvedev lands in California, meets dignitaries
- Durant hopes to sign extension with Thunder soon
- To get away from soccer, players play more soccer
- Twitter traffic spikes with World Cup goals
- World Cup coverage expands on the Web, cell phones
- Hahnemann thinks World Cup ball is bad invention
- In Shanghai, homage to China's peasant inventors
- IndyCar to race in Baltimore next year
- Landis admits doping, fingers Armstrong
- Report: Landis admits doping and fingers Armstrong
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials
- Shanghai Expo dreams of green, high-tech future
- Is there any wow left for the Shanghai Expo?
- Shanghai Expo giant opportunity for big business
- GAO: Census has computer problem
- Drew Brees lands cover of 'Madden' video game
- Tribeca looks to expand notion of film festival
- Tebow's marketability an unusual NFL Draft quality
- India kicks off world's biggest head count
- AP Top News at 2:33 a.m. EDT
- ABC returns to Cablevision, but talks go on
- The 10 funniest tweets during the Oscars broadcast