WASHINGTON - Blind and deaf people will be able to more easily use smart phones, the Internet and other technologies that are staples of life and work under a bill signed into law on Friday.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates on Friday backed off a threat to cut key BlackBerry services, just days before a planned ban that could have harmed the country's business-friendly reputation.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates on Friday backed off a threat to cut key BlackBerry services, just days before a ban was set to take effect that could have harmed the country's business-friendly reputation.
WASHINGTON - The blind will have greater access to the Internet through smart phones, and devices such as iPhones and Blackberrys will have to be hearing aid compatible, under legislation Congress has sent to the president.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A new study from the insurance industry finds texting while driving laws have had no immediate benefit in reducing crashes.
- NY town enacts tough cell tower limits
- Thailand's bid for high-speed Internet stalled
- Summit calls for reduction in distracted driving
- Proposal bans texting by haz-mat truck drivers
- Licensing deal for hot new apple comes under fire
- Stocks climb on banking reform, China growth
- FDA sends warning letters to e-cigarette companies
- China requires ID to buy mobile phone numbers
- Nuclear industry takes new path for new plants
- Visa spent $1.53M lobbying government in 2nd qtr
- India allows telecom imports after 8-month ban
- Capital One spent $365K on lobbying in 2nd quarter
- Music royalty talks consider cell phone mandate
- BlackBerry users eye alternatives as curbs loom
- BlackBerry users mull effect as service curbs loom
- Judge's ruling uproots use of biotechnology beets
- Saudi to continue BlackBerry service
- Bahrain says no plans to ban BlackBerry services
- Saudi gives firms time to test BlackBerry system
- A deal to avert BlackBerry ban could be precedent
- Saudi reaches deal on BlackBerry, avoiding ban
- Saudi says deal reached on BlackBerry services
- Saudi says agreement close on BlackBerry services
- UAE: BlackBerry crackdown will affect visitors too
- UAE says BlackBerry ban will affect visitors too
- UAE, Saudi to block BlackBerry on security fears
- UAE, Saudi Arabia to block key BlackBerry services
- Saudi to block BlackBerry messaging this month
- UAE to block BlackBerry services on security fears
- UAE to block many BlackBerry services in October
- Yahoo Japan to use Google search tech, not Yahoo's
- Yahoo Japan to use Google search engine technology
- House acts to improve Internet access for disabled
- UAE says BlackBerry is potential security threat
- EU starts IBM antitrust probes