EAST LANSING, Mich. - Michigan's economy, battered over the past decade by hundreds of thousands of lost manufacturing jobs, could surge again in coming decades by making robots for use in everyday life, futurist George Friedman said Tuesday.
DETROIT - General Motors Co. is testing software that would let drivers talk to their cars to update status messages on the Facebook social media website, as well as listen to Facebook messages, the company said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Commerce Department releases personal income and spending for July, 8:30 a.m.
LANSING, Mich. - Gov. Jennifer Granholm says two businesses and Michigan State University will get $81.3 million in federal stimulus grants to expand broadband Internet access in underserved areas.
- Feds give $42M to Michigan for broadband projects
- Ford gives power boost to 2011 heavy-duty pickups
- Compuware teams with Nelco unit on software
- 2011 Ford Explorer Unveiled
- Obama touts investment in Michigan battery plant
- 2011 Corvette Offer From GM
- Automakers tweak midsize cars to boost gas mileage
- Obama to travel to Michigan Thursday
- Verizon to buy Ford natural gas vans
- GM Recall Affects 1.5 Million Cars
- GM starts its own venture capital firm
- Ford to invest $135M in 2 Michigan factories
- AM General goes green with electric vans
- GM wants more subprime buyers; will lender agree?
- Consumer Reports lifts Lexus "Don't Buy" rating
- eBay de-lists Kevorkian death van, citing policy
- Listing for Kevorkian death van removed from eBay
- Kevorkian's death van listed for sale on eBay
- Tax breaks approved for 10 Michigan projects
- GM: Electric Chevrolet Volt meeting range goals
- GM to expand battery lab outside of Detroit
- Michigan has some 'hot' jobs, but skills are key
- Apple director, ex-auto executive York dies
- Honda to recall 410,000 vehicles for brake problem
- Conan's lone Twitter followee: 'It's totally nuts'
- Drivers complain that Toyota's fixes didn't work
- Syntel 4Q profit rises 34 pct, 2010 costs increase
- Honda expands airbag inflation recall
- Gov. Granholm: Create jobs by creating employers
- Syntel CEO resigns; company names director as CEO
- Mich. plans to delay more than 200 road projects
- Police: Woman lied about infecting others with HIV
- Asian automakers face battle to keep US dominance
- Pelosi, LaHood laud US investment in autos
- MI tech, management departments to merge in March