CHICAGO - Last week, Afghanistan. This week, parents protesting the proposed demolition of a park field house.
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. - A Long Island township has imposed restrictions on the placement of new cell towers that are among the toughest in the country, and one phone company says it effectively bans new construction.
NEWARK, N.J. - New Jersey's largest school district is poised to become a laboratory for education reforms with the help of a $100 million donation from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, a gift thought to be the biggest contribution the 26-year-old entrepreneur has ever made.
WASHINGTON - A new flavor of Wi-Fi, with longer range and wall-piercing power, could show up in wireless gadgets a year from now if the Federal Communications Commission works out the last details of new spectrum rules that have been long in the making.
CINCINNATI - City Council members in Cincinnati on Thursday approved an ordinance banning the sending, reading or writing of text messages while driving.
- Blog causes uproar on eve of Beck rally
- Bloggers crying foul over Philly business tax
- NY official claims LCD suppliers fixed prices
- Google eyes more government deals for online apps
- Phone group sues San Francisco over radiation law
- Prosecutors raid SKorea prime minister's office
- State commission approves OG&E 'smart meters'
- Medvedev to tour Silicon Valley, seek investors
- NJ eyes constitutional OK for sports, Web betting
- Old-timers go modern in quest to stay in Congress
- NYC mayor shrugs off iPad e-mail address leak
- Vilsack: USDA investment should help rural America
- Bill would limit NC cities starting broadband
- Columbia council endorses IBM project
- UK's deputy chief plans civil liberties drive
- IBM to open Columbia service center, add 800 jobs
- NYC's Bloomberg in London to view transit CCTV
- NC cities, cable still at odds on broadband entry
- Ex-Rwandan diplomat now in Ala. probed in genocide
- Problems plague new air traffic control computers
- Okla. information officer discusses technology
- AP Top News at 3:28 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 3:14 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:44 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:36 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 2:33 a.m. EDT
- Lawmakers wnt to limit txt msgs and e-mails
- Google dangles ultrafast broadband and cities leap
- NYC overhauling agency data infrastructure
- Arbitron: CEO made false statements to Congress
- Chronology of news events in 2009
- Biden unveils federal broadband stimulus projects
- Mich. tax revenues diving, but not new businesses
- House lawmakers push ban on peer-to-peer software
- Vermont city's foray into telecom hits $17M snag