BEIJING - Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said a meeting about charity he attended Wednesday with Microsoft Corp.
BEIJING - Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates and billionaire investor Warren Buffett are set to meet China's super rich Wednesday to sell the art of giving over a dinner that has sparked some soul searching among the world's second-largest number of billionaires.
CHICAGO - Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has announced a $100 million donation to Newark public schools.
NEWARK, N.J. - New Jersey's largest school district is poised to become a laboratory for education reforms with the help of a $100 million donation from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, a gift thought to be the biggest contribution the 26-year-old entrepreneur has ever made.
NEW YORK - One project strapped dozens of digital cameras to kites and balloons and sent them above the Gulf of Mexico to document the oil spill.
- Summary Box: Gates, Buffett pitch charity in China
- 40 billionaires pledge to donate half their wealth
- Gates, Buffett lobby the rich for donation pledges
- Oklahoma entity receives $1 million grant
- IBM to boost tech donations to nonprofits
- Mexico's Slim becomes 'world's richest' person
- Microsoft, HCA donating $1.25M to Tenn nonprofits
- Calls for Haiti donations spread thru social Web
- EBay founder's group commits $2M to Wikipedia
- Charities see potential, risk with social networks