PALO ALTO, Calif. - Facebook is trying to make it easier for people to share their updates selectively and draw distinctions between friends, family members and co-workers on the Web's biggest social hub.
WASHINGTON - House Democrats have shelved a last-ditch effort to broker a compromise between phone, cable and Internet companies on rules that would prohibit broadband providers from blocking or degrading online traffic flowing over their networks.
LUCKNOW, India - India has imposed a nationwide ban on sending bulk text messages amid concerns that a potentially explosive court judgment on who should control a disputed holy site could spark unrest, a top official said Wednesday.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A new study from the insurance industry finds texting while driving laws have had no immediate benefit in reducing crashes.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A new study says laws that ban texting while driving don't reduce wrecks and might actually increase risks.
- Pratt & Whitney sues Rolls Royce over patent
- Report: US would make Internet wiretaps easier
- Summit calls for reduction in distracted driving
- Proposal bans texting by haz-mat truck drivers
- Licensing deal for hot new apple comes under fire
- Report: HP close to buying ArcSight for $1.5B
- Appeals court ruling threatens used software sales
- Cincinnati bans text messaging while driving
- HP sues ex-CEO Hurd over new job at rival Oracle
- UN official: BlackBerry data requests legitimate
- Summary Box: FCC seeks more net neutrality input
- FCC seeks input on rules for online services
- Online dating, bedbugs addressed in new laws in NY
- China requires ID to buy mobile phone numbers
- Paul Allen sues major tech co's, including Google
- Where are you? A rundown of Facebook's Places
- Visa spent $1.53M lobbying government in 2nd qtr
- Capital One spent $365K on lobbying in 2nd quarter
- Pentagon takes aim at China cyber threat
- German gov't considers 'Street View' concerns
- Microsoft spent $1.85 million lobbying in 2Q
- Threats of int'l BlackBerry bans echo US debate
- FAA computers still vulnerable to cyberattack
- Verizon, Google outline vision on Internet traffic
- Summary Box: FCC abandons net neutrality talks
- FCC abandons efforts at net neutrality compromise
- Source: Google, Verizon near net neutrality plan
- Source: Google, Verizon near net neutrality deal
- Computer hackers look to take over power plants
- FBI access to e-mail, Web data raises privacy fear
- FBI access to e-mail and Web records raises fears
- Attacking the edges of secure Internet traffic
- Bunker-busting ATM attacks show security holes
- Competitive lockpicking growing in US popularity
- Leaks provide ground-level account of Afghan war