Norton 2011 Gives Consumers Powerful Protection against CybercrimeBy Dipankar Das, Gaea News Network
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
65 percent of consumers worldwide are falling to victim to cybercrime. So, the need to choose the strongest and comprehensive protection rises in every passing day. Symantec Corp released on Tuesday Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security 2011. According to third party tester DennisLabs, this is the only suite that passed 100% protection.
The new Norton Suite being tested is going to provide 25 percent less impact on browsing the Internet and reduced impact on copying files by more than 60 percent in comparison with its 2010 product. The company also released free tool Power Eraser that target and eliminate virus that regular virus scan can’t detect.
“Today’s cybercriminals are not standing down – consumers need the very best protection to stay safe online,” said Janice Chaffin, President, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. “The Norton 2011 products are the highest quality we have ever built and the most comprehensive protection on the market with additional, value-added tools for protecting customers from today’s ever-evolving threats.”
The following are the new advanced feature of Norton 2011.
- Reputation Based Security instantly identifies new malicious programs where it originated and stop it faster than the previous release. Norton’s reputation system also allows users to determine if their overall download pattern is more or less risky compared to the 58 million Norton Community Watch members today.
- System Insight 2.0 with new Proactive Performance Alerts monitors all running applications, and also alerts users if any program is overusing system resources and slowing them down so that they can correct it to improve computer performance.
- Download Insight 2.0 delivers very advanced level of protection. The utility checks every downloaded file for safety before it is allowed to run.
- SONAR 3 brings a new level of security to Norton 2011 that provides “Zero-day” protection against new and emerging threats that may evade other security features. SONAR 3 detects suspicious software based on its behaviors and automatically takes further decision on behalf of the user.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool allows Norton users to boot a PC in safe mode when a system is so badly infected with a rootkit or other troublesome malware that installing security software or even properly starting up becomes impossible. The Norton Bootable Recovery Tool wizard automatically creates a CD/DVD/USB bootable device very quickly.
Tags: Cybercrime, malware, Norton, rotkit, Symantec, Zero-Day