TOKYO - China's recent halt of exotic metal shipments to Japan amid a diplomatic spat has reverberated throughout the world's high-tech manufacturing hubs - now on heightened alert to the risks of relying on one country for materials that do everything from helping hybrid engines run to creating the color red in televisions.
BEIJING - Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and billionaire investor Warren Buffett said Thursday they were impressed by the passion they saw among China's super rich for giving back to society during a dinner for Chinese millionaires.
BEIJING - Twelve billion dollars. That's what it takes to be named the richest person in China.
BEIJING - Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said a meeting about charity he attended Wednesday with Microsoft Corp.
HONG KONG - Google's future in China is "very uncertain" after it pulled its search engine from the country in a dispute over restrictions on freedom of information, a company official said Wednesday.
- Gates, Buffett set to dine with China's rich
- China automaker BYD gets visit from backer Buffett
- EU aims to comply with WTO ruling on tech tariffs
- China launches first cross-border air strike drill
- Google defends shrinking China market share
- Sharp calls for more action to contain strong yen
- Dell to boost China spend to $100B over a decade
- Schwarzenegger urges Congress to act on trade
- Apple to start selling iPad in China
- Stocks climb on banking reform, China growth
- Schwarzenegger checks out China's high-speed rail
- Schwarzenegger tries out China's high speed rail
- Governor to promote Calif. World Expo bid in Asia
- Summary Box: Gates, Buffett pitch charity in China
- Taiwan's HTC: iPhone's 'quiet' challenger
- Google, Skype targeted in India security crackdown
- India widens security crackdown to Google, Skype
- China requires ID to buy mobile phone numbers
- China warns US against selling Taiwan radars
- China Unicom profit down 62 percent on 3G roll-out
- China sets up new battle over computer security
- India allows telecom imports after 8-month ban
- Summary Box: China Telecom 1H profit edges up
- China Telecom first-half profit up 0.8 percent
- US to supply Taiwan air force radar equipment
- Head of Taiwan LCD maker barred from leaving US
- Glance: World's largest contract chip makers
- E-reading: Revolution in the making or fading fad?
- Pentagon takes aim at China cyber threat
- China Mobile says first half profit up 4.2 percent
- PC maker Lenovo turns to profit on China sales
- BlackBerry users eye alternatives as curbs loom
- BlackBerry users mull effect as service curbs loom
- Foxconn holds rallies to aid morale after suicides
- China Techfaith 2Q profit rises 62 percent