BOSTON - The running mate of an independent candidate for Massachusetts governor says he quit the race after learning the candidate was coordinating with the campaign of Democratic incumbent Deval Patrick.
GENEVA - A Swiss organization has awarded Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales 100,000 Swiss francs ($104,000) for "democratizing the access to knowledge." The Im Grueene Foundation said Friday the free online encyclopedia "revolutionized the access to knowledge as man's most important resource" because it allows users to also be contributors.
PALO ALTO, Calif. - Facebook is trying to make it easier for people to share their updates selectively and draw distinctions between friends, family members and co-workers on the Web's biggest social hub.
SAN FRANCISCO - Cisco Systems Inc., seeking to become a bigger name in consumer electronics, said Wednesday that it's going to start selling a $599 box that turns living-room TV sets into big videophones.
NAME: Evan Williams AGE: 38 TWITTER JOB: After spending the past two years as CEO, Williams will simply be known as "co-founder" and focus on product development.
- Emanuel hits Chicago streets, makes case for mayor
- WikiLeaks chief lashes out at media during debate
- P&G to sell Pampers through Facebook page
- House Democrats shelve net neutrality proposal
- Forget virtual gifts; Bartab says send a margarita
- AOL to buy tech blog TechCrunch
- Review: 'Social Network' epic and intimate at once
- Wikipedia co-founder: WikiLeaks was irresponsible
- Microsoft ditches Live Spaces for WordPress.com
- Captains issue Twitter ban for Ryder Cup players
- FCC opens up unused TV signals for broadband
- Twitter hack: Made in Japan?
- Disney launches website for user-generated content
- Summary Box: Top eBay e-commerce executive leaves
- Top eBay e-commerce executive steps down
- Google adds extra security step to e-mail, apps
- Study: Vegas casinos tweeting, but not much
- Seattle cartoonist goes into hiding on FBI advice
- Yahoo to upgrade e-mail, search results this fall
- A week without Facebook? Pa. college tries it out
- Twitter tweaks website to show more photos, video
- Ind. campaign manager resigns over anti-gay tweets
- Intel investing $30 million in software companies
- John Mayer closes 3.7M-follower Twitter account
- Long expected, YouTube wades into live streaming
- FCC to open up vacant TV airwaves for broadband
- BCE to take full control of CTV
- Left for dead by MTV, music videos rebound on Web
- Ochocinco's coach calls his tweets "nonsense"
- Hack attack hits home for AP writer
- Google milks animated doodle mystery on Twitter
- AP Interview: Wikipedia founder bullish on news
- German Court rules against YouTube
- Dell's enterprise challenge remains after 3Par
- Dell cedes data-storage maker 3Par to HP