As Americans scrutinize every purchase, merchants are making sure to stock up on holiday gifts that are either practical or offer an affordable way to splurge.
NEW YORK - Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
NEW YORK - The Internal Revenue Service said Thursday it will end its policy of releasing information about back taxes and other debts taxpayers owe in the coming tax season.
PHILADELPHIA - Comcast Corp. reported lower second-quarter earnings Wednesday partly because of costs related to its pending takeover of NBC Universal, yet it saw improvements in advertising and demand for pricier television services.
ST. PAUL, Minn. - Lawson Software Inc.
- Review: Travel sites take off with tools for deals
- State commission approves OG&E 'smart meters'
- Russia's Medvedev pledges to loosen state controls
- Russia to scrap gains tax for foreign investors
- Small business owners need a crash course in taxes
- China wage hikes boost costs but might help sales
- A tad over? Under? Inaccurate scales can be costly
- Tax law may get more businesses to go high-tech
- GM wants more subprime buyers; will lender agree?
- Wireless users opt for service without commitment
- Sprint overhauls Virgin Mobile, includes data
- Frugality among consumers is outliving recession
- Health overhaul promises pain, gain for businesses
- Nepalese doc is God of Sight to poor
- Employers vs. Consumers: Who will blink first?
- Charges drag DirecTV to 4th-quarter loss
- Google reduces fee to break Nexus One contract
- Google cuts fee to break Nexus One contract
- H&R Block, Yodlee team to create tax prep app
- H&R Block, Yodlee team to create tax prep site
- AT&T settles class action over termination fees
- Small businesses can avoid a tax time train wreck
- Holiday shopping, PayPal help eBay 4Q profit rise
- Tax filing tips from the IRS
- IRS: Online tax filers can get refunds in 10 days
- Technology, materials funds boost investor returns
- EBay: holiday cell phone shopping up fourfold
- Yahoo launches online consumer privacy tool
- Gift Guide: High-tech happiness for $100 or less
- Gift Guide: Touch and Windows 7 in fresh PC lineup
- Holiday Web shopping looks brighter than last year
- 2 IPOs to signal US desire for China investments
- Extended stalling is over: Tax deadline is Thurs
- AP, News Corp bosses tell search engines to pay up
- Paperwork angst drives Ohio doctor, insurer effort