LONDON - Salman Rushdie, the prize-winning Indian-born writer, has in the past based novels on the politics of India and Pakistan.
LUCKNOW, India - India has imposed a nationwide ban on sending bulk text messages amid concerns that a potentially explosive court judgment on who should control a disputed holy site could spark unrest, a top official said Wednesday.
Text of President Barack Obama's remarks to the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday, as provided by the White House: Mr.
MUMBAI, India - In a landmark ruling Wednesday, an Indian court said Vodafone Group Plc is liable for an estimated $2.6 billion in taxes for its 2007 acquisition of one of India's largest mobile phone companies.
MUMBAI, India - India has widened its security crackdown, asking all companies that provide encrypted communications - not just BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion - to install servers in the country to make it easier for the government to obtain users' data.
- India widens security crackdown to Google, Skype
- India BlackBerry ban averted for 60 more days
- Indian officials to meet to decide BlackBerry ban
- No solution for BlackBerry in India, 4 days to go
- Facebook, YouTube used as weapons in Kashmir fight
- RIM seeks broad industry-gov't talks on encryption
- Summary Box: India allows telecom imports post-ban
- India allows telecom imports after 8-month ban
- BlackBerry users eye alternatives as curbs loom
- BlackBerry users mull effect as service curbs loom
- Indian company buying Lycos from Korea's Daum
- Threats of int'l BlackBerry bans echo US debate
- India sets Aug. 31 deadline for BlackBerry info
- Info freedom at center of Gulf's BlackBerry debate
- Indonesia joins countries mulling BlackBerry ban
- Universal and Reliance unveil mobile music deal
- Summary Box: BlackBerry talks in India continue
- Saudi Arabia: Blackberry service halts Friday
- RIM says BlackBerry talks in India continue
- Tough Indian telecom rules spark foreign backlash
- Indian outsourcer HCL quarterly profit up 6.9 pct
- Vodafone brings solar power mobile phone to India
- US braces for blowback over Afghan war disclosures
- Leaks create fresh doubt about Afghan war, secrets
- Leaks provide ground-level account of Afghan war
- Papers: Leaks show unreported Afghan deaths
- Wipro profit up 31 pct to $284M on strong demand
- Pakistan president woos Chinese energy investment
- Pakistan president to sign trade deals with China
- Pakistan scans Google, other sites for blasphemy
- Reliance Industries to push into power and telecom
- Reliance Ind. pays $1B for India broadband winner
- India's wireless auction reaps billions for govt
- Reliance Communications approves stake sale
- Pakistan lifts Facebook ban